Famous Canadian Rockets to scale???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDeal4

Seduced by the dark side of the Force
Reaction score
Hi All

Are there famous Canadian Rockets to build? AMRAAM 120A, Honest John and Army Hawk MIM are versions of US rockets. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

BigDeal4

There's also this other, recent, Canadian Arrow:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_Arrow
Never flew, but it got a lot of hype and was arguably "famous" as an Ansari X-Prize contender. Basically a longer, two-stage V2. The paint scheme and look of the thing is fantastic.

canadianarrowrocketdisplay-2_orig.jpg

It's on my long term wishlist to make a scale version. Estes make a kit at some point, #2188.

Attachments

• estes-2188.pdf
    651.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Canadian+Arrow.pdf
    469.4 KB · Views: 0
I was lucky enough to grab a few kits when they were available, i think in the early/mid 2000's. will build some day.
too cheap to spring for a 4in V2 back then though, wish I did now.

Attachments

• Canadian Arrow 1.jpg
    Canadian Arrow 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
As American’s, especially for me, growing up in the 70s, it was all about the “race to the moon” and the “cold war”. That stuff is way more recognizable than any other country's contribution to space. It doesn’t mean they were not part and greatly contributed (whatever country) but, in your question, how marketable is Canadian space program? They really didn’t have many.
If you want a truly unique Canadian - modify to a rocket the:
Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow
See Dan Aykroyd NOT funny in:
1677096626252.png
This series tells the story of the world's fastest fighter plane ever built, in 1950's Canada, and how the project was dropped due to political pressure from the United States.

As American’s, especially for me, growing up in the 70s, it was all about the “race to the moon” and the “cold war”. That stuff is way more recognizable than any other country's contribution to space. It doesn’t mean they were not part and greatly contributed (whatever country) but, in your question, how marketable is Canadian space program? They really didn’t have many.
Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow
View attachment 564951
This series tells the story of the world's fastest fighter plane ever built, in 1950's Canada, and how the project was dropped due to political pressure from the United States.
I just thought of something...hmmm... What if the Canadians didn't shut this program down, the Canadian RAF really did shoot down ALL of the balloons and USA is playing dumb $hit. I bet Drake is behind the UFOs too.

Avro Canada CF-105 Arrow
View attachment 564951
excellent series! loved it!

The AVRO Arrow models that were launched from Point Petre in Prince Edward County south over Lake Ontario were connected to Nike booster rockets. They had enormous stabilizer and potentially only 3 fins instead of 4. I found it hard to tell for sure from the pictures and videos I found. It is my understanding based on another forum members comment that only the Nike booster body /shaft was standard and you added your own fins. This explains why they look so huge compared to most Nike booster rocket fins.

Attachments

• No 8 Nike Rocket Booster for Freet Flight Test Model.gif
    No 8 Nike Rocket Booster for Freet Flight Test Model.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 0
  • No 8 Test Rocket.jpg
    No 8 Test Rocket.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 0
  • No 9 Nike Rocket Booster for Free Flight Test.gif
    No 9 Nike Rocket Booster for Free Flight Test.gif
    149.2 KB · Views: 0
  • No X Nike Rocket Booster for Freet Flight Test Model.gif
    No X Nike Rocket Booster for Freet Flight Test Model.gif