Fall Fire 2023

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crimson Star

Reaction score
Just got word that the high power launch in Kitscoty, Alberta is "go" for Saturday, although the winds may be a little higher than desired. I'm putting smaller drogues in my two dual-deploy rockets and looking forward to my first visit to this launch site. Hope to meet some old friends and make some new ones!

I cancelled when I saw the forecast. Too windy for a 5.5 hr drive to take a chance in not being able to fly. Turned out that there was a 2-3 hr window of lower winds. I might have been lucky to get one or two flights in. How did you do, Crimson?

I cancelled when I saw the forecast. Too windy for a 5.5 hr drive to take a chance in not being able to fly. Turned out that there was a 2-3 hr window of lower winds. I might have been lucky to get one or two flights in. How did you do, Crimson?
Although it was windy all day, we managed to launch almost all day. I was working on my dual-deployment and had three launches. My 4.0" Mega-Initiator worked fine, but my 3.0" scratch-built had problems on both launches. Hope to attend Rock Lake on 4 Nov. See you there?

Does your Mega Initiator look anything like this? As for Nov. 4th - that depends entirely on the weather and road conditions.

View attachment 611653
I didn't bother with the decals, but I did need to add an altimeter bay and replace the "payload bay" with a 26" long body tube. As for Rock Lake, I'm also watching the weather reports and road conditions...

Back