Estes Der Red Max Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDeal4

Seduced by the dark side of the Force
Reaction score
The second build was inspired by my buddy the German, It was a fun build and the paint turned out way better than the Patriot Build. This Kit has the best parachute hands down!!! Skull and Bones.

Give the video a view and if you like please hit that like button and conceder subscribing.

sadly, while a very cool chute, you can't cut a spill hole in it! (it ruins the graphic!)

neat videos.

some comments:
  • yellow carpenter's glue over white "school" glue. better bonding, and you can make some nice fillets (with patience & practice!)
  • round the leading edges of your fins. maybe even look at papering a few.. They make for a super finish!
  • paint on the primer, then sand down the fuzies! (on the fins) primer again, and sand down the fuzzies.. some of us even go as far as to sand the fins / fin sheet with 200, 400, 600 / 800 to really get them balsa fins smooth prior to painting. and some of us even go as far as to seal the fins (sanding sealer) prior to attaching them to the body tube (Some of us spend days on fins to get them 'glass smooth')
  • gather your chute shrouds, and tie a small overhand knot in the end. then loop this thru the swivel / quick release. this negates the need to add a bit of tape to hold the chute in place. (All my chutes have a loop tied at the attachment point)
  • some people would say painting the rocket horizontally is better, but I think that is a personal thing!
build more, post more! keep them coming! :D

Back