Enerjet E24C and F67C motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Initiator001

Reaction score
The Enerjet E24C and F67C motors have been available for about a month.

Has anyone flown either of these two motors and what was your impression?

Due to a combination of work scheduling, weather and launch site unavailability I have not had a chance to fly either of these new motor types. :(

(Note: I know about the F52C motors but this motor has been on the market for nearly two years).

Attachments

• Enerjet E24 & F67 Motors.jpg
    Enerjet E24 & F67 Motors.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 0

Due to a combination of work scheduling, weather and launch site unavailability I have not had a chance to fly either of these new motor types. :(

(Note: I know about the F52C motors but this motor has been on the market for nearly two years).
If I see Discount Rocketry stocking the E24C I’m trying a pack immediately.

If I see Discount Rocketry stocking the E24C I’m trying a pack immediately.
I have been able to fly all three of the Enerjet Classic motors.
Performance is impressive. Real neck-snappers in near-minimum diameter rockets.

My favorite of the three is the E24. A 29mm diameter 'E' motor. No need for a 24mm-29mm motor adapter.
Great idea. :clapping:
Just like the original Enerjet E24 motor. ;)

Those two motors are on 'my list' so I will watch this thread for more info too.

Harry the Motorman attends AARG, Tripoli Houston and Tripoli North Texas launches and he has a few ( E24-C, F52-C and F67-C ) motors in his inventory.

If they're like the good old 'Classic Enerjet' Motors they'll be a ton-o-fun in the right rocket ;)

Thanks for the good Q, @Initiator001 !

-- kjh

According to the info the classic propellant has a translucent exhaust with mach diamonds visible.
I would love to launch my rockets and see mach diamonds coming out of the exhaust.

According to the info the classic propellant has a translucent exhaust with mach diamonds visible.
I would love to launch my rockets and see mach diamonds coming out of the exhaust.
I feel like you’d need a very good double-eyeball assembly to see it at the minimum 30 ft distance. A remote camera setup might make it easier.

Flew the originals back in the early 70s. Haven't flown any of the Aerotech ones. Maybe should fly the Motoreater on a J460 and 8 F67s :)

I'm planning on sending my DBRM (with plywood upgrades) up on a F67C-6 tomorrow, so I'll let you know.

I have tried the E24 motors. They are fun little things, and really don't have as much thrust as I expected. I have seen the f67's flown and they are insanely powerful, just like f67 white lightnings, but the e24's are not such a whiplasher. Great little motors.

The DBRM (with plywood upgrades) did indeed go up on a F67C-6 today.

I didn't notice any Mach Diamonds, but it left the pad in a hurry

The only downside was that the heat from the motor apparently loosened up the glue on the sticker that is on the casing, which made it a bit of a challenge to remove from the rocket. Luckily I take my motors out shortly after flight so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Last edited:
I have tried the E24 motors. They are fun little things, and really don't have as much thrust as I expected. I have seen the f67's flown and they are insanely powerful, just like f67 white lightnings, but the e24's are not such a whiplasher. Great little motors.

Seems like Q-Jet E35 would be a much better value.

I've flown a few of the F67-6 Classics. I like them. On both of my main mid-power rockets, they yield significantly higher altitude due to their slower burn rate, and they are less expensive as well. $3 a pair doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up.

Seems like Q-Jet E35 would be a much better value.
I’ve had a couple issues with the White Lightning Q-Jets. A C18 deployed at burnout, and a pair of D20s never came up to pressure, just went TSSHT! TSSHT! TSSHT! My Der Red Max never deployed and crashed, my Ghost Chaser spiraled into the ground and almost hit somebody before coming to rest.

Never managed to get a hold of the AeroTech warranty guy. I’m going to give White Lightning a rest for a while, at least until I attempt F67W and/or G74W flights on my L1 rocket. Hopefully there will be new Q-Jet production lots in the supply chain by then.

I launched an E24 at night so I could really see the flame. THERE IS NO MACH DIAMONDS IT IS A LIE!!!!!

I haven't personally flown them as I have given up on QJets and their horrible QC but a few people in my club have tried the E24's and they said they are very underwhelming motors with as what was stated above, not as much thrust as you would expect but none of the QJets I've flown have wowed me and most of them are under powered.

I haven't personally flown them as I have given up on QJets and their horrible QC but a few people in my club have tried the E24's and they said they are very underwhelming motors with as what was stated above, not as much thrust as you would expect but none of the QJets I've flown have wowed me and most of them are under powered.
As I understand it, they have more in common with the old EconoJet and EconoMax (currently Enerjet) lines than the current Q-Jets. 29mm, molded nozzle and thrust ring, and a unique propellant. About the only similarity is coming out around the same time and being in the same impulse range.

Back