3D Printing Bambu Lab X-1 Carbon

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple of printable items for every day life with the X-1

First a purge bucket. Like others, I really am not sure what they were expecting and it seems to be one unfinished area of the entire package. There are plenty of these out there, but I wanted to do a CAD design of my own, so why not.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6006529

Then there is a holder for the Bambu Labs Liquid Glue which I use on with the high temp plate for some higher temp filaments.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6006541

I also found this to be useful for holding the standard glue stick

https://www.printables.com/model/259364-bambu-labs-glue-stick-and-magigoo-holder

As I recently had to peel and replace a Cool Sheet, I had printed out the Sheet Tool from the files preloaded on the SD card. I found this handy in helping replace the peel sheet and make sure it was aligned and nice and smooth.

Last edited:
Second one is a bit of work in progress, but its for the Polymaker PA6-CF filament. This is a nylon blend with Carbon Fiber in it. Its supposed to have a higher temp threshold than the PETG-CF.

Prints pretty well, but the surface finish is a bit rougher than the CarbonX PETG-CF. Right now, not sure if that is just do the nature of the filament itself, or the settings aren't quite right.

I'll note that this uses the High Temp printing sheet, but also the 0.6mm hardened steel nozzle.

Attachments

• Polymaker PA6-CF.mk2.zip
    462 bytes · Views: 1
Last edited:
I just got a Bambu X1-C Combo a couple of weeks ago. I love it!!!
Already printed out a 1.7x Mars Lander

Thanks for the links Thzero. These are useful!

I just got a Bambu X1-C Combo a couple of weeks ago. I love it!!!
Already printed out a 1.7x Mars Lander

Nice I only have the standard X1-C. Its been really plug and play and go, even with the new filaments that they didn't really have a profile for. I will admit to wanting the filament changing tool, but I suspect based on what I've been doing I would want that more along the lines of the Prusa XL were its got interchangeable heads.

Oh well, can't have everything. :)

I will say that I have not had good luck with supports with either of these filaments due to the nature of the filament more so than printing the supports, as they are very hard to remove.

I ran across some updated support settings on Redit that I was going to try. Granted these were for PLA/PETG type of filaments to make supports easier to remove on those prints, but thought that would help on these too.

I will say that I have not had good luck with supports with either of these filaments due to the nature of the filament more so than printing the supports, as they are very hard to remove.

I ran across some updated support settings on Redit that I was going to try. Granted these were for PLA/PETG type of filaments to make supports easier to remove on those prints, but thought that would help on these too.

The key to success with support is adjusting the size of the supports and the distance between the top layer and your print. I have gone as hugh as 0.5mm if my nozzle is large bore. I also adjust the interface spacing. Each brand of printer is different in the ability to tolerate these changes. You will have to tinker a little.

Well for transparency's sake.... I'll announce my x1c is currently dead. It has a heatplate temp issue. I've followed guides from Bambu (which outside of Prusa you don't get) and think it's down to a AC distribution board. Unfortunately you need to talk to support to order one as it's not one their store (or I'm blind).

Anyways.. we'll see what it takes to fix it. I'll update as I go along.

In mean time, I bought another one. So guess I'm becoming @cwbullet with # of printers.

Well for transparency's sake.... I'll announce my x1c is currently dead. It has a heatplate temp issue. I've followed guides from Bambu (which outside of Prusa you don't get) and think it's down to a AC distribution board. Unfortunately you need to talk to support to order one as it's not one their store (or I'm blind).

Anyways.. we'll see what it takes to fix it. I'll update as I go along.

In mean time, I bought another one. So guess I'm becoming @cwbullet with # of printers.

The AC distribution board? That sounds like it is serious. Are they replacing it?

I have found the Bambu instruction to be pretty good, but not nearly as detailed as Prusa's.

I will say there have been some changes since I bought mine (not far after kickstarter).
The ones I noticed were a fan inside the case underneath internal led light. Then also they included the hardened .4mm nozzle which is interesting. Probably some more but haven't looked into detail.

I have been reading about the encrypted packets that it sends back to China. Really spooky stuff. No one knows what is in them and the DOD had recommended against them. I suspect deploying service members have trouble getting one downrange.

Some of the posts seem paranoid, but just wow. Why do they encrypt the data packets?

Back