• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: (16) 32/60-100 RMS Reloads

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eugenefl

Reaction score
FOUND - Note to all you 32mm RMS fliers: I spotted 16 packs of 32/60-100 RMS reloads today. The propellant formulas vary as they had BlackJack/Blue Thunder/White Lightning in stock. I didn't get an inventory of each type of motor, but they do have all available impulses ranging from F13-G12. KenParker - here's a shot to replenish your inventory!

One of the shop employees is a frequent attendee at our local NAR chapter and said that they do mail orders on occasion. I imagine that basically means that you would make it worth their while. As always, please call the hobby shop and try and make arrangements with the manager or contact person. If that fails, I will be more than happy to pick them up for you so long as you can figure out how to ship these legally.

Here's the shop info:

House of Hobbies, The
1320 S Fort Harrison Ave
Clearwater, FL 33756-3313
Phone: (727) 447-3305

Be sure and ask for John or "Big John". Tell him Eugene from T.H.O.R. sent you.

As a side note, for those who actually read this thread, they have an NCR InterceptorG in stock and an Estes Sweet Vee.

I'm just curious if anyone will benefit from a post like this. I am kinda posting this as a Public Service Announcement (PSA) to fellow rocketeers. It's kind of a scratch-your-back deal. I'm wondering if the ROL fliers could use a lead like this.

Anyways, I hope someone finds a post like this worthwhile. Those reloads IMHO seem to be hard to come by these days.

Eugene -

I finally got a break yesterday here at work at about 5:30 PM and called the hobby shop. At that time, someone (if I was a betting man, I might place a wager on The Doug- ???) had already scarfed up all the G12's.

I scarfed up all the F16's and F23's. He still had some F12's left, but I have plenty of those.

Bottom line - the post was VERY USEFUL to me. THANK YOU.

I would also bet that you will win "Salesman of the Week" for that hobby shop, particularly considering that all he had left after I placed my order was the F12's.

Oh yeah.... I really really really wanted to buy that Sweet Vee... but as you know I already have one (thank you again Eugene - :D ) and if I buy another rocket glider even my infinitely patient wife may come unglued. After all... I only have about a dozen unbuilt rocket gliders.... (who me? stash kits? well.... maybe a few... NO !!! DON'T OPEN THAT CLOSET DOOR !!! NO !! DON'T OPEN THAT ONE EITHER !!! Why do you think the clothes are lying around on the floor?)

I wanted the NCR InterceptorG, too.... but I already have two of those. :cool:

Anyway, thanks again, Eugene.

Ken, outstanding! Ok, you've got me curious as to who else picked up the other reloads. Did you happen to mention my name? Who did you speak with? I don't think the owner there knows me very well as I don't go there all that often. (Ok, there's a reason I don't go there all that often. I bought an Astro Blaster and my NCR Bomarc there! Every time I go there I spend WAY too much money!!!) Hopefully the next time I go there he might get to know me better! ;) Come to think about it, I think that's where I got you YOUR Astro Blaster! Didn't I get one of those for you too? :confused:

Anyways...I tell ya folks, I absolutely love finds like these. I for one know I could have never used those reloads. You have to imagine that if they've been sitting in that store for that long and in that high a quantity that the chances someone would walk in there and buy them are slim. I'm all about keeping the rocketry world and its products moving forward! I especially like making hobby shop owners happy.

Ken, you have to promise me that the next time I go up to Whitakers you'll fly an R/C rocket/glider. I've never seen one of those go before!

Shoot, none of those were 24mm. If I had a 32mm case, I am sure I would hit you up for them. Please keep informing us of such finds, there is someone out there that will benefit from anything that you post!

Still looking for 24mm's.....

That's a great post, Eugene. I personally (speaking for myself and not the mods in general) like posts like this one, even if I personally don't have use for these.

Eugene - I followed your instructions precisely. I asked for John, identified myself and told him that "Eugene of T.H.O.R. sent me."

Then I asked about the motors. He told me that someone had bought all the G's, that all he had left were F's. I asked if he had F16's and F23's. He said to hold on a minute, went away and came back and told me that he had 6 packs of F16's and 3 packs of F23's. I bought them all. Then another person (I'm guessing the owner, sounded a bit older on the phone) came on the line and asked if I would be at some launch... can't remember which one. I laughed and told him that since I lived in NC I was pretty sure I wouldn't be there. Then he asked if I would like to buy the 32mm F12's that he had. I politely declined.

After that I gave them credit card and address info and we said our cordial goodbyes.

I, too, would be curious to know who got the G's. I gotta believe that it is someone from here on TRF.

C'mon, you 32mm G-monger. 'Fess up.

Originally posted by KenParker

At that time, someone (if I was a betting man, I might place a wager on The Doug- ???) had already scarfed up all the G12's.

Hope you did not loose any money :(. I did not see this post until it was to late :kill: :mad:. Intresting thing though, RC loads are showing up on ROL auction... so far no G12's....

Here's an interesting twist. I still hadn't received the 32mm reloads that I ordered from the House of Hobbies, and I was becoming concerned. Sooooo.... I called them up, and they proceeded to tell me that there are big signs up in the Post Office that they will no longer ship any rocket motors, and they would not take the package.

The owner of the hobby shop said that he was thoroughly confused because he had just received a shipment of motors in the mail.

I asked him if he would pursue shipping via UPS if I paid the hazmat and he agreed to that.

Neither he nor I understand what is going on with this new situation at the Post Office. He told me if I go to my local Post Office they should have the signs up. I probably won't have a chance to check this out until tomorrow at lunch.

Anybody heard or know anything about this?

ken: without knowing the specifics, heres what the Postal Service Manual says:

341.22 Mailable Explosives
The following specific types of explosives may be mailed only when the
applicable conditions are met. Full responsibility rests with the mailer to
comply with DOT and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF)
regulations before mailing.
a. Toy Propellant Devices. The proper shipping name for a toy propellant device is “model rocket motor” or “igniters.” A toy propellant device assigned UN0454 or NA0323 and classed as a Division 1.4S explosive is eligible for mailing in domestic mail via surface transportation only when prior written permission has been obtained from the Manager,
Business Mail Acceptance, USPS Headquarters, Washington, DC. A
device approved for mailing is subject to the following conditions:
(1) Each device must be ignitable by electrical means only; contain
no more than 62.5 g (2.23 oz) of propellant; and produce less
than 80 newton seconds of total impulse with thrust duration not
less than 0.050 second.
(2) Each device must be constructed so that all chemical ingredients are preloaded into a cylindrical paper or similarly constructed nonmetallic tube that does not fragment into sharp, hard pieces; must be designed so that it will not burst under normal conditions of use; must be incapable of spontaneous ignition under 500° F; and must not contain any type of explosive or pyrotechnic warhead other than a small, activation-charge parachute recovery system.
(3) Each mailpiece containing approved devices must be prepared
for mailing following Packaging Instruction 1A in Appendix C. A
shipper’s declaration for dangerous goods is required.

Notice (1) above....The manual goes on to state that NA/UN0276 and NA 0323 are the only motors covered:
NA/UN 0276 are motors > 30 g and 1.4C and <=62.5 while NA 0323 are motors < 30g and 1.4S...
They must be mailed surface transportation Only as Parcel Post
Later on in a table it says NA/UN 0276 and UN0351 are prohibited from being mailed.......
Aerotech Reloads <=62.5 are classed UN0351....

I did a search of the USPS website and could find no additional information..

Aerotech Mailing info:
https://www.aerotech-rocketry.com/c...yDocuments/USPS/usps_rms_approval_12-8-00.pdf

Again it says 30g max...

hope this helps...

shockie B)

Here's an interesting twist. I still hadn't received the 32mm reloads that I ordered from the House of Hobbies, and I was becoming concerned. Sooooo.... I called them up, and they proceeded to tell me that there are big signs up in the Post Office that they will no longer ship any rocket motors, and they would not take the package.

Ken, that is totally lame. I'm sorry to hear your motors were delayed by this inept attempt at regulation. I also imagine it blows chunks to have to pay extra for shipping. Even if the motors come to you at an inflated price, I certainly hope the payoff of enjoyment makes it worthwhile in the end.

Take care, and best of luck with the new motors...if they ever make it in one piece!

Just as an update... I *still* haven't received the 32mm motors. I just called them, and the owner said that "they are all boxed up and I am just waiting on my daughter to get in touch with FedEx."

I told him that I would call back tomorrow to get another update.

Here's my advice: Don't buy motors from this vendor. They have little or no experience shipping things, and they certainly don't put any priority on service to their customers. This seems really strange to me, because this order is probably a $200 order. I would think that would get their attention somewhat.

Oh well.

Just as an update... I *still* haven't received the 32mm motors. I just called them, and the owner said that "they are all boxed up and I am just waiting on my daughter to get in touch with FedEx."

I told him that I would call back tomorrow to get another update.

Here's my advice: Don't buy motors from this vendor. They have little or no experience shipping things, and they certainly don't put any priority on service to their customers. This seems really strange to me, because this order is probably a $200 order. I would think that would get their attention somewhat.

Oh well.

WHAT!? I am totally floored! This is absurd! Ken, I will go down there today to find out what the status of this shipment is. Apparently, they don't do as much mail order as they claim they do. Had I known they would have given you such a hassle, I would have bought them myself and shipped them to you. Ken, I am really sorry they are dragging their feet on this. I know for certain that I for one will never refer them for *ANY* type of mail order. I feel terrible that someone I know would be given such lousy service. I just can't believe that they would get business by way of referral and then just take their sweet time. It really is a slap in the face. Talk about bending over backwards and then being given 3rd rate service.

To a certain extent it reflects poorly on me. I was, afterall, the one to post a notice about this particular hobby shop's inventory. Ken, I will go down there today and hopefully straighten things out. Sorry about all this...

Eugene - THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT.

And I certainly don't want you to feel bad about this. The only reason I posted the information was to hopefully prevent anyone else from getting the same bad service.

You posted info on some motor availability. It was my choice to act on that info. IN NO WAY are you responsible for the poor service of that business.

Please don't put effort into this matter. You have done a number of favors for me in helping me to obtain kits that I would not have today if it were not for your generosity and efforts.

If the guy doesn't get his act together and ship the motors pretty soon, I'll just tell him to forget it.

Back