A new store

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Space Oddity

Reaction score
It's a new UK store to me, you've probably seen it before.

Wheelspin models.

wheelspinmodels.co.uk

I've just spent a few pounds re-stocking motors, mounts and bits. I've probably saved around 10% on the same items I could buy elsewhere in the UK. The big saving is on the courier cost which is £6.95. The big test is how long I have to wait for the order to arrive. Not the normal 3-4 weeks I hope. By that time, my wife will have seen the credit card statement and realised how much I've actually spent!:wink:

I'll let you know.

SO.

Just had a look at this store and I can only see estes BP kits and motors. Not very exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

They've been going for years! Based in my home town. Used to get RC bits from them about 10-15 years ago. They have a great store to look around since they moved a few years ago I went and checked it out recently, but it is mostly cars & buggies.

It would be nice if they branched out into rocketry properly as we really need somebody in the UK with a strong financial backing and large existing client base to help keep the hobby alive over here, and the best way of doing this in my opinion is to draw in people from similar hobbies (RC).

edit: not to mention how nice it is to walk into a store and buy motors without paying double for postage!

Just had a look at this store and I can only see estes BP kits and motors. Not very exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

As a relative beginner with limited funds it's very exciting for me, and in particular for my grandson!

Given the service I've had so far from existing suppliers there's not much to inspire new starters with a bit of enthusiasm.
I'm a bit fed up with e mailed comments such as "Sorry it's out of stock but here's and alternative" or "Must have a word with my web designer for not giving full information". When I pay for something I want to know what I'm getting in words that are equal to my level of experience and skill!

I agree with you however that promotion in the UK needs to be much better in order to attract more enthusiasts. Can't help thinking that schools are the first step to take the hobby from the perceived view of "model squibs" into something more scientific.

SO.

Uk is very very limited. You mail the UK shops get no reply.

Anyone ordered motors in from the US or EU

To let you know,

Ordered Monday evening. Order arrived this morning (Thursday).

Got a text at 7 in the morning telling me what time (+/- 30 minutes) it would arrive.

Great service.

As you say Luke and Pete, all we need are more products in the UK.

SO.

Back