• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Nearly Unobtainium Curtis Conical Nose Cones-

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Upton

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Curtis Tuner Laid Up fiberglass and gelcoat nose cone.

SOLD 3" diameter nose is ~18-1/2 long - asking $43 plus shipping
38mm diameter is ~8-1/2" long - asking $27 plus shipping

Send email to QRZ [at] K8XG [dot] com for shipping quote and PayPal Payments

Never Flown. Bulkheads or shock cord holders will need installed as like all Curtis laid up nose cones.

1715721966638.png

Last edited:
I spy a Cobra 142 GTL and a Silver Salute desk mic 🧐

My first job working on Electronics was fixing CBs. That 142 GTL was one of my favorites.

I really don't use that as I have Ham Radio rigs in the house I can even use by remote on my Laptop in the living room. But I do have it on an inside antenna coil behind that Glass Rocket Cabinet. It makes a nice conversation piece.

If I turn it on channel 38 Lower Sideband [LSB] and let it run, if the Squelch breaks with Skip I know 10 meters is open. Seems the CB folks on sideband find the band open before the Hams do on 10 meters. Because CB folks only have one band to watch.

Edit: Your good on the Desk Mic types @ChuckH , most folks would have said it was a D-104

Last edited:
Same here, though it was more of a side hustle (as the kids say lol) while I was going to school.

At least the 142 GTL I got was "Un-Molested" by any golden screwdrivers. No cut diodes, no cut traces, no added diodes to the PLL or switches added. If I wanted to play that way I could just use my Ham Rig :)

I did simply tuned, cleaned pots, and align it to specs. But it's been on that side table across the room now for about 10 years since the last tune up. It needs the Pots cleaned and specs checked again. Caps could be going bad. The pots are scratchy again now. Maybe in the late fall.

Back