• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Pin order is different between Eggtimer Quark to Mini TX?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm planning to fly an Eggtimer Quark together with an Eggtimer Mini TX to get real time telemetry and GPS tracking. The Mini TX came with a 3 wire "servo cable" to connect the mini tx to the telemetry source. But looking at the pins as printed on the boards, it looks like they have an incompatible pin order? On the Mini TX its "3v3, GND, RX" but on the Quark it is "GND, 3v3, TX". Should I pull out the cables and swap the ordering around? I'm attaching two images from the assembly docs that show the screen printing on the pins.

/cc @cerving

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 08.45.49.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 08.45.49.png
    411.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 08.46.31.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-05 at 08.46.31.png
    784.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Or am I not supposed to power the mini TX from the 3v3 output on the Quark? Am I supposed to power it with a separate battery from the regular +/- battery lines and then connect just ground and signal between the two?

Do NOT connect you Eggfinder Mini to your Eggtimer Quark in any way. We recommend separate batteries for them. You CAN power them from a single battery, IF your battery is strong enough... we recommend at least an 800 mAH 2S Lipo battery for that. You want to make sure that there's no way that a current spike is going to reset your electronics.

The 3-pin cable on the Quark is designed to connect to an Eggtimer Telemetry Module, it sends out data that can be received by an Eggfinder LCD receiver set to the "Quark" device. It us also used for power-up diagnostics using the USB-Serial interface. It is NOT for connecting to anything else.

The 3-pin connector on the Eggfinder Mini is for testing, changing the frequency (using an Eggfinder LCD receiver) and for connecting an OpenLog uSD datalogger. It is NOT designed to be used to power the Mini.

ah ok, I thought I could connect the quark to the mini like it was a telemetry module with bonus GPS (it has the same RF module right?)

ah ok, I thought I could connect the quark to the mini like it was a telemetry module with bonus GPS (it has the same RF module right?)
Yes, but the RF module is being fed by the GPS. An Eggtimer Telemetry Module is basically a bare RF module with some handshaking components to prevent you from frying it if you connect it to the altimeter incorrectly... it's fed by the serial output of the altimeter.

Back