LDRS 43

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see another marathon next May. Goodyear, AZ to LDRS 600 miles and 9.5 hours. Next weekend LDRS to NSLW 1055 miles and 17 hours. Last weekend NSLW to NCR 380 Miles 6.5 Hours. All great clubs….

It's nice to have a (relatively) local LDRS again. Doing it back to back with NSL will mean a ton of driving for me.

A site I've not visited. Already chatting with Deb about attending.

Sharon and I attended LDRS 38 with TCC back in 2018. Great club, very active members. I'm on their list serve, and it went ballistic yesterday when the news came out. The last one was very well organized, they had assigned parking for RV's, and you could request the size you wanted. Huge turnout with lots of vendors. I won a drag race that was points based, points for first off the pad, highest flight, closest to the pad, first down... Everyone built the same rocket, (Mad Cow Avalanche) and the prize was another Avalanche.
Sharon is flying her Avalanche "Blizzard" now.
The site is mostly plowed fields, with some nut tree groves in the area. Here is a tree landing I did:

026.JPG

The first and second flight of "Tweety Bird" was done there, it's a 7.5" diameter scratch built 5x54mm cluster rocket over 8 ft. tall. Same rocket we flew at LDRS West a couple of weeks ago. (My avatar picture)

Would ABSOLUTELY NOT MISS THIS EVENT!

Not too far from where my in-laws live... maybe I can convince my wife into going. She can hang with her parents while I nerd out

I did similar for NSL West a couple weeks ago - my wife doesn't do well out in the heat for long, so I dropped her off in Denver with our second oldest, and I spent a couple days at NSL.

It's a win when you can find something that makes everyone happy!

-Kevin

Back