Apogee MX-774B Hiroc?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljwilley

I’m pretty sure it will work…
Reaction score
Hopefully eRockets should have a Centuri sized body tube for that
I just remembered I could check Jimz and didn't realize the 'click me' image was a parts list! It's an ST-8, but I'm not sure of the length and jimz's plans just have a question mark for the tube length. I'll see if I can dig it up and estimate it.

The main body tube of the MX-774 is 5.5" in length. I recently built one I had picked up on the Rocketry Yard Sale FB page.
Hope that helps you.

Build thread is always fun when you take lots of pictures...

Oh man, I need that. I have an old Centuri kit that I need to put together as well, but I need a new body tube. The MX774 is gorgeous; one of my favorite rockets of all time.
I know it’s a display of real laziness by not looking it up myself but does the Centuri kit have a tailcone?

1713724743155.png

Found this picture on the forum of Fud91's "refurbished" one. Looks like no tailcone...​

Edit: hard to tell....

I know it’s a display of real laziness by not looking it up myself but does the Centuri kit have a tailcone?
Answering my own question - yes, the instructions on JimZ’s site show a paper boattail

Attachments

• IMG_0667.png
    IMG_0667.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Answering my own question - yes, the instructions on JimZ’s site show a paper boattail
Hah, I was on my way over to the storage unit with a tub of kits and was gonna look it up. I believe my other Centuri kits do as well.

As I recall, the Semroc kit (which is perpetually out of stock, RIP) has a balsa boattail.

I believe there was another kit manufactured by the Advanced Rocketry Group, which I think became Rocketarium? Sadly, I've never managed to find this kit.

The Hiroc was an extremely significant missile and was also quite a good looking one.

Apogee have been putting out some great kits lately (TTV and Hermes HLV are two that spring to mind), and this looks to be another. Good use of that new 5:1 3" OD Apogee cone too.

Back