• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Advertisement: Estes PNC-60AH nose cones available

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fore Check

Reaction score
These are the nose cones used in the current Estes Kits Mean Machine, Blue Ninja, and Screamin' Mimi - as well as for the Der Red Max clone.

These nose cones are no longer available as a package from Estes.

If anyone is interested in some, send me an e-mail and an offer to [email protected]

I'm thinking about listing some on eBay if I have a good response - but here's your chance to get a couple first. ;)

Fore Check,

LOL guess what I saw at my local hobby shop???

a package marked PNC-60 nose cone and it had 4 YES FOUR!!! of the PNC-60AH nose cones.

That's all no other kind of nose cones!

It might have been a fluke...don't know.

sandman

I reciently got 2 packages of pnc-6oah from hobbilinc..(4 per pack)
they may have been some of the last stock.I don't know
but thats the only size that was in the packages.

you never know what you'll get from hobbylinc sometimes

seriously tho....
Luck is right Orbital
When I last ordered pnc-50 cones from hobbylinc ,
two in each pack were the cockpit cones with the little canard wings on them..you really can't always predict what you get from them,
It wasn't the product they described
(but I'm not complaining either)

I've found that you can't predict either the kind or the QUANTITY of nose cones you'll get. I've seen two packages of PNC-60 nose cones on the same shelf: one with two cones, one with four. And no sign of any five-fingered tampering at all. Go figure.

Wish I had seen this post a while back. I needed a 60AH and had to buy a whole kit just to get that part. I wonder why Estes stopped selling these particular cones separately.

Who said they stopped selling individual nose cones?

It wasn't me.

Estes is more than happy to sell individual parts. Just call Christine in Estes customer service (800-525-7561 X216), give her the part number, and your credit card number and she will ship out one nose cone...if that's what you want.

Now when it comes to retail...that's another story...hobby shops don't want to bother with inventory on "one" nose cone.

It's just not practical for them!

Try to buy one 6 - 32 nylon screw at a hobby shop. You will wind up with a package of 8 or 10.

sandman

Originally posted by Fore Check
These are the nose cones used in the current Estes Kits Mean Machine, Blue Ninja, and Screamin' Mimi - as well as for the Der Red Max clone.

They're also perfect for 1.68X upscale Orbital Transport clones.

We emailed back and forth a few times on what a fair price might be for some of these cones, and then I didn't hear any more from you. Are the nose cones still available? Please email me again at [email protected]

Back