A little hybrid history

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While searching the basement for something else, I came across the little bit of history. Remember these @Art Upton ?
Todd Moore is still around, but not in the rocketry community. He's back to his guitar gigs in central Michigan.

Skyripper Systems in archive.org:
https://web.archive.org/web/20081210155856/http://www.skyrippersystems.com:80/

His HDASv1.6.xls spreadsheet for designing hybrid motors is still very useful.

I sold my complete 54mm set a couple years ago here on TRF.

I have the hybrid Natural History Museum in my garage,

Trojan 54
Ratt 29mm (all three lengths)
Ratt 65 mm (K - L and m)
Skyripper 38-54
Just got a set of 29mm Green Monkey Hybrid Hardware (I will take really obscure hybrids for $1000 Alex..)

Plus, of the still available... 75 mm Contrail

I had the SkyRipper 29mm-54mm sets. Loved them. I sold my 38mm and 54mm sets but still have the 29mm hardware (minus U/C valve and forward closure) Having access to Todd to ask questions on the Neutons3rd site was pretty great too.

I'm selling some Hypertek and RATT hardware on the yard sale forum here. The Hypertek stuff was all from Oscar at Star Rocketry! That's going back a little...

I had the SkyRipper 29mm-54mm sets. Loved them. I sold my 38mm and 54mm sets but still have the 29mm hardware (minus U/C valve and forward closure) Having access to Todd to ask questions on the Neutons3rd site was pretty great too.

Someone said "Neutons' 3rd" 🤣

Anyone have any Knob motors ???

Newton's 3rd was an interesting forum, that's for sure! Fun group.

I know Alex has passed away, but I wonder how some of the other regulars are doing.

-Kevin

Newton's 3rd was an interesting forum, that's for sure! Fun group.

I know Alex has passed away, but I wonder how some of the other regulars are doing.

-Kevin
I miss Newton's 3rd. We had a lot of fun out there. I was late to the game out there and wish I could have had more time to get know you all better before it went away.

Back