Your Input Please

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geodehunter

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to order my first fiberglass rocket. I have it narrowed down to the following two. Both are Wildman kits. Should I get the Drago or the Wild Child. I already have some CTI 29mm hardware here. Your input would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Drago is lower and slower, wild child is much faster. MUCH. Depends on your fields and intended motor range...

Robbie, I think I found some typos in your post, I will correct them for you...

I'm getting ready to order my first fiberglass rocket. I have it narrowed down to the following two. Both are Wildman kits. Should I get the Drago or the Wild Child. I already have some CTI 29mm hardware here. Your input would be greatly appreciated. TIA

should read...

I'm getting ready to order my first fiberglass rockets. I have it narrowed down to the following two. Both are Wildman kits. I should get the Drago and the Wild Child. I already have some CTI 29mm hardware here. Your input would be greatly appreciated. TIA

There! Much better...

I have a wild child and darkstar mini. SOLID rockets, but I agree that on anything more than a F or smaller G motor (the 1 and 2 grain 29mm) you should really have a tracker since they get close to a mile with the 3 grain motors.

I launched one up on a F120 and had it return on a streamer. It landed pretty hard but the rocket didn't care other than a chip on the nose cone's paint. I also launched one on a F20 econojet and that was a BLAST of a flight. In fact, thus far that has been my favorite motor for the minis.

Cheap thrills for sure!

However, if you're looking for lower flights or G-powered flights I'd consider the Drago as Dixon mentions above.

Jeff, I wish I could order both. The only problem is I don't want the good ol debit card to take to much of a hit. :cheers:

I have neither, but I did build my first Wildman kit recently. Find / follow instruction. The website only listed them for a few rockets. Don't build it with 5 min epoxy like I did. I made that mistake and had to rebuild it after a crash - every epoxy joint shattered. Use a laminating epoxy and additives!

Jeff, I wish I could order both. The only problem is I don't want the good ol debit card to take to much of a hit. :cheers:

I'm sorry, but I see your words but do not hear what you are saying "blah blah..."

Seriously though, you are doing right by shopping within your means... I am so guilty of not doing that. Hats off to you!

geodehunter said:
Jeff, I wish I could order both. The only problem is I don't want the good ol debit card to take to much of a hit.

You may want to start stashing some bucks, plan on dropping a bunch at Tims (Wildman) 'Black Saturday Sale'. Crazy good deals!

I see you are a bit of a hike, but if you are in the neighborhood, we would love to have you join us (Woosh) at the Bong Recreational Area. I would also very highly recommend Midwest Power...

+1 on good epoxy, go with what Tim recommends. (I had to buy 3 of his kits to justify buying the quart size Proline 4100 epoxy)

I, personally, am not convinced on the two-part-foam assembly, but I have not actually tried it.

I am not in that much of a hurry to be able to build and fly a rocket in less than twenty minutes....yes, I have seen it done.

If your fiberglass kit(s) turn out anything like your other builds, it (they) will be awesome!

Back