Estes - Reliant Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rocket so nice I built it thrice!

I've owned 3 original kits, it was my first rocket. I lost the original as a very young kid, still the only one that never came home. The second I built after becoming a BAR while home from the military. The third I found last month in a hobby shop, which is where I bought the parts for the BT5 downscale at the same time. I also have a BT50 upscale in need of paint, and somewhere in a dump is a previous Reliant clone that I pitched due to a very poor finish.

I built the BT5, BT20, and BT50 versions here simultaneously over the past few weeks. Decals were printed out on decal paper for the up, and down scales. The BT5 version had credit card plastic fins, the BT20 and BT50 have basswood fins, I really didn't want to deal with the card stock fins on the kit again.

Untitled by [email protected], on Flickr

Untitled by [email protected], on Flickr

The Reliant is actually a pretty terrible rocket... The card stock fins are weak, the rocket is too heavy for a streamer, no room for a chute... But I still love it.

Latest posts

Back