DOT-SP 7887 Petition

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
49 signatures in less than 24 hours! 55 total as of now.

Come on everyone! There's more of us than them! :wink:

Braden

After I signed I was taken to a site to donate money to something. There was no way NOT to donate. I exited the site but they still have my email address. I do not want to donate and refuse to do so. :mad:

After I signed I was taken to a site to donate money to something. There was no way NOT to donate. I exited the site but they still have my email address. I do not want to donate and refuse to do so. :mad:

That's odd...I didn't have a problem with this? I'm not sure if anyone else did, but that doesn't sound good...

Braden

I signed, then i got taken to a page where they asked for a donation, but it said at the top that my signature had gone through so i just closed it. Even though i'm in the UK...

this is a copy I've posted else where on TRF to add to this thread. unreasonable comments will be patiently heard and then promptly forgotten, while flames are quenched with beer.
to wit:
o Those Concerned:
I have flown model rockets since 1964. I am a retired aerospace engineer and feel this hobby was directly related to my future endeavors. Given the national sensitivity about possible terrorist activity, the mere act of relabeling our propellants as 'explosive' is inaccurate as demonstrated by years of testing and certification by Federal and local authorities that can only lead to negative perception by the general public of what our hobby promotes. We have an excellent safety record and both the National Association of Rocketry and the Tripoli organizations have worked hard with our government agencies to define, regulate and license the use of hobby motors. I would like to point out there is no such national organization regulating those who reload ammunition, whether for sport, hunting or re-enactments of historical battles. I understand regulatory devices are used to protect more than the end users as there are transportation issues at all levels that drive commerce from factory to store shelves. At issue is our ability to distinguish ourselves from pyrotechnic display ('fireworks) components and avoid the connotation our hobby has an inherent danger to its' participants during acquisition, storage and use. This change may have far-reaching effects, as some store owners will no longer stock these products due to insurance regulations, no matter how fine the point. This would only serve to disenfranchise a younger generation from the experience and supervision our clubs and organizations actively promote. Please review this proposed label change before implementation to prevent the misconceptions the general public has about 'explosive' materials so we can continue to educate and promote the future generations' interest in science and engineering through our hobby in a safe and controlled environment.

With Respect and Concern,
David L. Pearce
>dammit, captain! I'm an engineer, not an english major!<

Back