Tornados

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ford Prefect

Wondering Hitchhiker
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Just sitting here with the weather channel on eating for the tornados to hit or leave. Hope everyone on here is safe and happy

I have friends in the Huntsville, AL area, and they've been dealing with the storms, too.

Fortunately, they're all okay, but there was significant damage less than a mile from a friend's house.

-Kevin

Take care! We got through it OK--farther North than the major damage in Southern Indiana.

So far, so good...It's going to be a long night.

Does tornado season usually start this early?

I hope all make it through this kerfuffle safe & sound.

The timing is about right but I don't remember in recent times them being this far north this early. Been watching the news about north Atlanta ,freinds and family still there so I have some concern, looks like they're at the edge of the target zone tonight.

Here in Lincoln county NC we had some hellish rains around 1 AM with thunder and lightening but the next county over in Mecklenburg, a few miles from where I was raised, not confirmed but it looks to me like tornado's did some healthy damage to houses and trees. When you see a bunch of trees all snapped off at the same height, that's a good indication of tornado activity. Nowhere near as bad as what the folks in Henryville experienced though.

Well, I guess after seeing whats going on down yous way, I have no room to whine about a little wind and snow over this weekend.
Ive been checking it out on the tube. DANG :y:
I couldnt begin to think what its like for those people that lost everything in an instant.

No damage at home, but we lost power at the dairy where I work and didn't get it back for 12 hours. Lost a little bit of roof, too, but in a non-critical area. Suffice to say we're gonna be working through the weekend to make up for it (got home at 5:30 this morning and, after 4 hrs sleep, I'm headed back - wow is my took us draggin'). Coulda been worse, given the news.

A confirmed F2 tornado was what took out some 60 homes in my old home town last night. 3 injuries but no deaths. This is NOT a usual weather condition around here, at least it didn't used to be. Mother Earth is changing right before our eyes and I suppose we should brace ourselves,

Back