Madcow Bomarc conduit assembly

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duggyhow

Reaction score
Hello, can someone give me detailed instructions on how to build the conduit assembly for the Madcow Bomarc? I can't make heads or tails of the Madcow instructions. Thanks alot anyone.

If you look at some of my other posts you'll see the bomarc and it's tunnel hull, turned out perfect. Don't build it around the wing, horizontal and vertical stabs. Instead use them as spacer and remove after assembly. Shape the exterior and glass with 1/2 oz vail glass and finishing resin. Next, shape the tunnel to the tube by wrapping the body tube with coarse sand paper. Next, glue the fins and wing in place (cover the wing and fins with glass as well, sand to a smooth finish before gluing to the tunnel). Now glue the entire assembly to the body tube and insert the dowels through the tunnel and wing. Using this style of assembly gives you a perfect finish. I can't imagine trying it as per the instructions. If you're interest I could post some pictures this weekend and I'm away from the house right now.

I've got a few pics so you can see what it turned out like. The white bomarc is going to have Canadian colors.

bomarc1.jpg

Attachments

• bomarc2.jpg
    bomarc2.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back