Great deal at Hobby Lobby

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim fustini

Reaction score
I was at Hobby lobby today checking out their Estes kits. Nothing new, Took a look in the clearance area. I spotted two Interceptor E kits. marked down to $19.99 from $54.00 Needless to say I bought both of them . I have one. (Built )but could not pass up a price like that. Check your Hobby Lobby clearance area!.;)

DANG!
:y: :jaw:
If that ain't the fastest build I ever seen. Four minutes including primer, paint, and decals!
:clap:
I'm impressed!
:headbang:

Around here, they only seem to get marked down about 25% or so, not so much of a deal, especially considering that by the time they are dumped on clearance some of the kits/contents are dinged up or the packaging has been torn open.

Since I already have about four or five stashed in my pile-o-tubs, I don't feel a strong urge toward the ones on clearance.

I was at Hobby lobby today checking out their Estes kits. Nothing new, Took a look in the clearance area. I spotted two Interceptor E kits. marked down to $19.99 from $54.00 Needless to say I bought both of them . I have one. (Built )but could not pass up a price like that. Check your Hobby Lobby clearance area!.;)

Where is a Hobby Lobby near you?

I finally purchase the $20 Interceptor E I've been hiding on the clearance shelf for the last three weeks. Every time I would go in I'd lay it cross ways on the back of the bottom shelf and put a bunch of stuff in front of it...lol. Why I need three kits is beyond me. I guess I'm just a bit of an addict in that regard.

The real deal is the $13 SR-71 and 40% coupon. I thought I grabbed the last one two weeks ago but low and behold they had another hanging on the peg yesterday so had to grab that as well. They are also listed online for the same price. With a coupon it should get it shipped for about $13-14. Great deal.

No, just regularly priced items. The SR-71 is regularly priced at $12.99 now

Last edited:
Wow....and to think I just bought another one @ 55.00 bucks (Cdn)

But then ,no Hobby Lobby up here in Canada .

Nice score ,on a great rocket !

Paul

Hey, where do I get these 40% off coupon at? I keep hearing about these, I would love to score on of these!!!:cool:

Hey, where do I get these 40% off coupon at? I keep hearing about these, I would love to score on of these!!!:cool:

Got to Hobbylobby dot com and sign up for their weekly email. There is a one item 40% off about every other week.

There was a $20 Interceptor E at the Regency Hobby Lobby on Friday. Not something I can't live without.

One of our Hobby Lobby stores in Jax. had an Interceptor E kit that was
on clearance for 10 dollars. The package had been opened and the
long engine mount tube was gone. I debated it, but decided not to.
I may regret that. :jaw:

One of our Hobby Lobby stores in Jax. had an Interceptor E kit that was
on clearance for 10 dollars. The package had been opened and the
long engine mount tube was gone. I debated it, but decided not to.
I may regret that. :jaw:

Was that the Old St. Augustine Road store or Regency?

On my way home from work yesteday, I felt this strange compelling force
telling me to get off on Old St. Aug. Rd. and go to Hobby Lobby. There I
found that 10 dollar Interceptor kit, minus only the engine mount tube.
When I got home with it, my wife had no problem (that's the real test).
I just couldn't resist any longer. Pitiful, I know.

It will be a great addition to your fleet, I know it is one of the coolest model rockets in mine. And for that price you can't go wrong. It is great to just sit back and take my time to build a really nice kit like this one. It relaxes me from the stress of everyday life. ( mainly work :D) Enjoy

Build it with a 29mm MMT, it'll be fun!

I'm heading to the F'burg HL to see what they might have there - wish me luck!

G.D.

And now you have it too

On my way home from work yesteday, I felt this strange compelling force telling me to get off on Old St. Aug. Rd. and go to Hobby Lobby.

That's the first symptom. You're on your way to somewhere else, and you just happen to be going near a HobLob

Then, it just happens to be a coupon week

And you just happen to have enough spare $$$$ in your pocket to where you begin to rationalize spending $15-20 on something that you really don't need, or at least had no clue that you needed until you saw it hanging on the rack

Before you know it, you have a eight Baby Bertha kits still in bags (not counting the built ones), ten Pencils, a dozen StormCasters....and it only gets worse. More than I have any reasonable chance of building in the next five years if I didn't buy another kit ever. Hidden in boxes in the back of the garage, or in the storage locker, to keep them out of sight of Her.

Pitiful, I know.

You have my deepest sympathies and understanding.

Back