looking for a rocksim file for the fliskits US Tog??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgandmpl

Reaction score
recently purchased rocksim and would like to be able to try different motor options in this kit before i launch n lose it.... If anyone has this kit and has created a rocksim file for it that would be awesome. It is a great 24mm kit and alot of fun to build

Attachments

• DSC_0150.jpg
    DSC_0150.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Oh come on folks.... :) I told him that the best place to see if anyone had done a RockSim of the US TOG was TRF...

Anybody???

He came to me first but we don't use RockSim here so I couldn't help him out...

jim

Thanks again Jim, i may just have to take a stab at it myself once i am more familiar with the software. What are your thoughts on using any kind of composite motor in this rocket, even a 18mm with a mm adapter??

Yea i started there first, they do have a file of some of the fliskits but not this one. thanks for the input thou

If someone wants to send me a kit, I'll make a Rocksim file for it.... :p

More than likely, whatever is created will be an approximation, unless you want to do a lot of experimentation to adjust, Cd, etc to tweak it just right -- there are complex shapes there that will be very difficult to model exactly in RockSim.

-Kevin

You could possibly do a quick 'n dirty sim of it by approximating the general size and shape, especially of the fins, and getting the materials and weight right. It won't be precise, but it will be in the ballpark. I think you can put tubes on fins in RS9.

MK

You could possibly do a quick 'n dirty sim of it by approximating the general size and shape, especially of the fins, and getting the materials and weight right. It won't be precise, but it will be in the ballpark. I think you can put tubes on fins in RS9.

Yep, you can definitely do a "good enough" sim. You don't even really need to worry about the materials, if you override the weight and CG.

-Kevin

Back