I just can't stop! Yet ANOTHER scratch build!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perfect choice of font for the decals!

Unfortunately, no HPR flights this Saturday unless they are L1 cert attempts so it looks like we won't see this bad boy fly until next month.

Any thoughts on motors?

Oh no, it's going to fly. I have a 38mm G67R with Meat Grinder written all over it.

Tying up some loose ends. (No pun intended!) Meat Grinder is ready to tear up the sky tomorrow!

188_nose_cone.jpg

186_retention.jpg

187_retention.jpg

Cool rocket and a cool motor, looking forward to flight details.

I flew Meat Grinder yesterday at the SARG launch, on a 38mm G67 Redline reload. It was a good flight, but one of the fins broke on landing. Looks like the fin hit sideways. Should have used a 36" chute instead of a 32". I can fix it.

[YOUTUBE]OJ3DkGHhOHQ[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]PceGqs6zqYc[/YOUTUBE]

chute3.jpg

ground3.jpg

damage2.jpg

damage4.jpg

damage5.jpg

Strange... that ground does not look near as hard as where I fly. And there did not seem to be a huge horizontal drift component... Guess you just had the 'luck'. Still a great flight! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Strange... that ground does not look near as hard as where I fly. And there did not seem to be a huge horizontal drift component... Guess you just had the 'luck'. Still a great flight! :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Yeah, I think it was just an unlucky hit. It must have hit hard to actually break the plywood. But that happened to my LOC-IV one time, on even softer ground.

broken_fin2.JPG

I sanded the root edges of the damaged fin, and epoxied the heck out of it. Should be plenty strong.

189_fin_repair.jpg

190_fin_repair.jpg

191_fin_repair.jpg

Had a successful launch at LUNAR on Saturday. G67 Redline. Nice flight!

[YOUTUBE]s5-60Ycse84[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bvYgdef8eDk[/YOUTUBE]

imgp999909.jpg

imgp999910.jpg

imgp999911.JPG

imgp999915.jpg

imgp999916.jpg

I liked the part where Tony says he thought Meat Grinder took the blast deflector with it!

After he said it, I had to agree that the fins made it look that way.

Nice boost on the Redline.

I liked the part where Tony says he thought Meat Grinder took the blast deflector with it!

After he said it, I had to agree that the fins made it look that way.

Nice boost on the Redline.

I didn't notice that he said that. I'm glad it didn't! LOL

I really like the 38mm G's, I just wish they didn't have the hazmat fee. That hazmat fee is almost as irritating as paint!

Back