Mongoose - 24mm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Upton

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for information on the Mongoose 24 - 24mm rocket. It is 30" body tube and 5-3/4" nose. It has a baffle that has the shock cord mount on it so motor ejection will work..

During the time more than a decade ago when I was doing the Mongoose-38 unboxing thread, a fellow club member bought this. He never flew it and sold it to me. I've never flown it but trying to find any past specs on it. This could be interesting on a 6 grain long CTI 24mm motor or an EX motor.

Here is a picture of it, does any one have any back history on it? If so let all of us on the forum know. Wondering if I should fly it and lose it, or sell it. I can't get to huge fields any time soon.

1712864774473.png

Isn't it basically the same thing as a wildman blackhawk 24mm?
You are probably right. I looked for it in the archive for PR and Rocketry Warehouse. I could not find a 24. I don't know why I did not think of Wildman. Good catch.

This was bought back when Wildman sold Curtis Turner Mongeese and yes my Friend in the club would have bought it from Tim.

I will look into that, yes I see Tim selling that. Thanks so much for looking about Chuck & ecargmij.

I see MadCow still sells some MonGeese , starting in the 38mm.

I played around with the ideas yesterday. As much as It is a cool rocket , I'll never be able to get to fly it without loosing it. I am not sure yet, but I might sell it.

I'd be interested in purchasing if you decide to sell it...im going to guess that wildman won't have 2 of the same rocket on their menu.. since they now own all of the composite warehouse models.

I'm Jim Grace. .. my username is my name spelled backwards..

Last edited:
You are probably right. I looked for it in the archive for PR and Rocketry Warehouse. I could not find a 24. I don't know why I did not think of Wildman. Good catch.
Where's the archive at? Inhust went to their webpage to look for the current models.. disnt realize there was an archive..

Back