Greetings from an Okie

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Exists

Reaction score
Hello from Oklahoma, I’m Daniel

I’m 17, sad not as many of my age share my interest in rocketry, so it limits who I can talk with about it. Hoping joining here brings many opportunities to share and learn.

I love building rockets, having plenty of kits, but I prefer scratch builds. I still have not got around to actually launching one. Hoping to change that soon with my first flight rocket that I will be putting together in May.

Also my favorite animal are Opossums

Are you closer to Tulsa Rocketry, Piedmont Area Rocketry Club ( OKC ), or Tripoli Oklahoma ( Sayre )?

Welcome aboard!

Welcome Daniel! Def need to launch some of your rockets. It's an absolute adrenaline rush - whoooooossshhh. It's also makes me proud when my rockets fly straight and true. It also validates your construction methods.

Yeah, many of us gave up on rockets when we met girls, got a drivers license.... We came back tho! :)

Welcome Daniel! Def need to launch some of your rockets. It's an absolute adrenaline rush - whoooooossshhh. It's also makes me proud when my rockets fly straight and true. It also validates your construction methods.

Yeah, many of us gave up on rockets when we met girls, got a drivers license.... We came back tho! :)
I am excited for when my first flight comes, finally letting my rockets get outside and see some sky.

Glad you came back to rocketry. It makes me a lot more comfortable seeing experienced people giving kind welcomes.

We had the launch as scheduled on the 8th, so will not have one on the "Backup" day but keep checking as we will post future updates to the calendar. We try to plan a launch once a month.

I didn't know that PARC rebranded itself and is launching near Billings now. That's a 35 minute drive(Maps), give or take a few, to the launch site from Ponca. I may have to visit them myself.

Welcome to the Forum. Greeting from Southern Nevada. I scratch build 99% of my rockets. I like OddRocs too. And I agree with the others. Join a group. Listen to the old hands. Have fun.

Hello from Oklahoma, I’m Daniel

I’m 17, sad not as many of my age share my interest in rocketry, so it limits who I can talk with about it. Hoping joining here brings many opportunities to share and learn.

I love building rockets, having plenty of kits, but I prefer scratch builds. I still have not got around to actually launching one. Hoping to change that soon with my first flight rocket that I will be putting together in May.

Also my favorite animal are Opossums
Welcome to the forum! It’s nice to see more people of my age being interested in the hobby! I know that this forum will be a valuable resource to you, as it was to me.

Get out there and launch some rockets! And when scratch building, be prepared to fail, because you will! (My second rocket did some loop de loops, so learn about stability!)

Welcome to the forum! It’s nice to see more people of my age being interested in the hobby! I know that this forum will be a valuable resource to you, as it was to me.

Get out there and launch some rockets! And when scratch building, be prepared to fail, because you will! (My second rocket did some loop de loops, so learn about stability!)
Glad to hear this place is a good resource! I am excited to get to talk with real people about this hobby

While I hope not frequently, I am fully budgeting that I might have some "revision" builds. I find lots of fun in scratch builds, so I hope the result pays off either way. Thank you for the nice response!

Welcome to the Forum. Greeting from Southern Nevada. I scratch build 99% of my rockets. I like OddRocs too. And I agree with the others. Join a group. Listen to the old hands. Have fun.
I will definitely be joining a group and listening! I'm sure I will have plenty of fun with rocketry. The process has been exciting already.

Welcome! Some of my best memories from my grade school and high school years are centered around Estes rockets and RC and control line airplanes. After 40+ years I’m getting back into each. Now you have amazing cameras and other telemetry, etc. that we could only dream of back then just a few clicks away, and great clubs around to help you.
I’m in Claremore, btw.

We're trying to get a field close to OKC. It will probably have to be G and smaller, but that still gives us a lot to fly. If you want to make the drive, you're welcome to fly with us at Sayre. Our next launch dates are May 20/21.
Tripoli Oklahoma Rocketry Homepage
My latest scratch built rocket is called the "Possum Express" - 54mm body with a 38mm motor mount.

Back