fw2kml - A Tool to Convert Featherweight GPS Data to .kml files for Google Earth!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're welcome Tony !

I think the main issue were the missing headers and then I couldn't process TRACKER = "Tfish #511" until I replaced the #-char with "Trk "

And then I had to use v1.4 ( Jan 7, 2023 ) to process your file.

I'll let you pretty up the google earth viewpoint and share your own data as you will :)

-- kjh

Your help....will make one of the two high schools teams happy...here shortly!

https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/high-school-stem-54mm-min-dia.186391/

Tony

I hadn't updated the collab script or tested it. I was hoping Arpak would do that. That being said, there is a new blue raven app that exports the csv directly to kml.

I know the script works through terminal commands and you can use WSL on windows (sorry not typically doing stuff on windows when I can help it). I haven't done any testing on windows since I made my contributions.
Is the new version that exports kml only updated for the iPhone, because I have the latest Blue Raven release for Android and it does not have a kml export option?

Is the new version that exports kml only updated for the iPhone, because I have the latest Blue Raven release for Android and it does not have a kml export option?
That's a good question... @Adrian A should respond. I haven't used the blue raven directly, and I'm an iphone user so I'm not the best source of that info. If it doesn't, lmk and I can try and get this working on windows for you.

I just tried this on my Android phone running build 316, and the export of the GPS recorded flight worked fine. All 3 files are exported at the same time.

I ran the colab script from this branch using files exported from the latest Blue Raven release and got this...

View attachment 646156

FWIW, when I drag a file over the .exe, nothing happens - no ,kml created.
@DaHabes --

The error message: "Invalid literal for int() with base 10: '616.6'" sounds like maybe it could be file corruption ( if such a thing exists in the app )...

I wonder if you can find the string '616.6' using NotePad++ or plain-ole NotePad on the TIME column of your .csv file and either fix it or simply delete it ?

HTH

-- kjh

@DaHabes --

The error message: "Invalid literal for int() with base 10: '616.6'" sounds like maybe it could be file corruption ( if such a thing exists in the app )...

I wonder if you can find the string '616.6' using NotePad++ or plain-ole NotePad on the TIME column of your .csv file and either fix it or simply delete it ?

HTH

-- kjh
No that's just the program failing to make a decimal string an integer because of the `.` in the string. Basically it's calling `int()` instead of `float()` and failing. You can replace "int" with "float" on line 68 (actually line 133 in `fw2kml.ipynb`, basically the jupyter notebook is a copy of the script with some extra logic for jupyter... I'd have to dig in more than I want to, to update it) to fix this error.

E: Only opened the jupiter notebook today... None of my updates are in the jupiter notebook. I'll fix the float and push that, but understand you will not get the any features I added...
E2: Changes for stability pushed (none of my updates ported to the notebooks) and you can pull the latest git revisions

Last edited:
Back