• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

BULLET BOBBY (CARL “Be-Do, Be-Do, Be-Do” THE MINION) by Launch Lab Rocketry build log

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My CARL MINION build log: today I decided on the expression he will have and painted the appropriate eyelid on his eyeball. Next I used 3/8” black elastic strap to permanently affix to the goggle. Finally I made up all the paint templates and transferred the lines to the tube to make sure everything works together properly. 🥰🚀🚀🚀

Attachments

• IMG_2093.jpeg
    IMG_2093.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2095.jpeg
    IMG_2095.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2096.jpeg
    IMG_2096.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2097.jpeg
    IMG_2097.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2098.jpeg
    IMG_2098.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2099.jpeg
    IMG_2099.jpeg
  • IMG_2100.jpeg
    IMG_2100.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2101.jpeg
    IMG_2101.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2103.jpeg
    IMG_2103.jpeg
  • IMG_2104.jpeg
    IMG_2104.jpeg
  • IMG_2105.jpeg
    IMG_2105.jpeg
  • IMG_2106.jpeg
    IMG_2106.jpeg
  • IMG_2107.jpeg
    IMG_2107.jpeg
  • IMG_2108.jpeg
    IMG_2108.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2109.jpeg
    IMG_2109.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2110.jpeg
    IMG_2110.jpeg
  • IMG_2111.jpeg
    IMG_2111.jpeg
  • IMG_2113.jpeg
    IMG_2113.jpeg
My CARL “BE-DO” MINION rocket build log: last thing I can do before some parts hopefully arrive tomorrow other than painting the eye’s iris is add a 3D effect front pocket. I started out with a paper example for sizing confirmation then cut one from 1/16” balsa sheet sanded even thinner. I glued it on with CA then saturated the pocket with thin CA glue to seal the wood. I did a quick sand with 320 grit and that’s all done. 🥰🚀🚀🚀

Attachments

• IMG_2254.jpeg
    IMG_2254.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2255.jpeg
    IMG_2255.jpeg
  • IMG_2256.jpeg
    IMG_2256.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
I was able to get the vinyl mask for the Iris thanks to my lovely wife and got the color shot on just before the fog rolled in. It’s now drying in a temperature and humid controlled environment. 🥰🚀🚀🚀

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpeg
    IMG_2257.jpeg
These are great builds.

I think you found a great niche in model rocketry.

Do you belong to a club? Be cool to do a drag race with multiple minion rockets.

These are great builds.

I think you found a great niche in model rocketry.

Do you belong to a club? Be cool to do a drag race with multiple minion rockets.
Thanks so much! Unfortunately there are no model rocketry clubs anywhere near me. I’m hoping when we’re able to move away we go someplace where they exist. 🥰🚀🚀🚀

My CARL “ BE-DO” MINION rocket build log: today I added the vinyl pupil over the iris and then precisely fitted the eye inside the goggle where I needed it to go and stay. I marked a sharpie line as a reference and then proceeded to remove the paint from both pieces down to bare plastic. This is a pretty tight fit so I opted to basically make a glue fillet at the joint of the eye and goggle frame and set aside to dry. I then added a second round of glue fillet. On the goggle cap I tack glued in the clear goggle lense and let dry for a bit. Then I mixed up a small amount of BSI 30 minute epoxy and permanently glued the assembly to the goggle frame and set aside to cure. The one-eyed goggle is now complete! 🥰🚀🚀🚀

Attachments

• IMG_2261.jpeg
    IMG_2261.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2262.jpeg
    IMG_2262.jpeg
  • IMG_2263.jpeg
    IMG_2263.jpeg
  • IMG_2264.jpeg
    IMG_2264.jpeg
  • IMG_2265.jpeg
    IMG_2265.jpeg
  • IMG_2266.jpeg
    IMG_2266.jpeg
  • IMG_2268.jpeg
    IMG_2268.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2273.jpeg
    IMG_2273.jpeg
My CARL “Be-Do” MINION build log: today my donor plushie Stuart came in the mail so we immediately went into the O.R. and had to amputate OH MY! Appropriate donor arm and leg slots were then cut into Carl’s BT and the arms and legs were temporarily installed then removed. In my haste I cut the first set of leg slots on his backside oof! On then to repair that! In a rush to now primer the body tube I masked off all the appropriate areas (or at least I thought I did) and hit it with filler primer. It was then I realized I was going to mask off the “eye” area to save as a glue only area! Oh well more work for me. After that dried for a couple of hours I wet sanded the rocket BT. Then it was on to sanding off all the primer on the tube where the eye will glue on so I could properly mask. While I was doing this I accidentally busted a fin off Oof! Well I fixed that and made my mask for the goggle area. I sanded down the repaired fin area and cleaned it all with some alcohol. Finally I added some glazing putty to a few areas and set aside to dry. All fine in the end, but dang! 🤪🥰🚀🚀🚀

Attachments

• IMG_2278.jpeg
    IMG_2278.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2279.jpeg
    IMG_2279.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2280.jpeg
    IMG_2280.jpeg
My CARL MINION build log: I sanded down the fill work from last night and shot another round of filler primer to the BT and set aside to dry. One more wet sanding and it will be ready for color. I also painted the motor retainer ring satin black. 🥰🚀🚀🚀

Attachments

• IMG_2298.jpeg
    IMG_2298.jpeg
  • IMG_2299.jpeg
    IMG_2299.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Well today I painted the BT yellow and epoxied the goggle eye to the unpainted area I had masked. I now wish I would have glued this on first like I did with KING BOB, but it is too late now. I will need to do some touch up paint work all the way around the goggle. Then even though the paint was dry to the touch I stupidly pulled the elastic goggle band into a partial position and it left impression marks into the soft paint. Oh well also too late now. Now it’s dry for a week before the blue can go on. Still waiting on the red lights so I can’t do anything else on the nose cone yet either. That’s it for now! 🥰🚀🚀🚀

Attachments

• IMG_2304.jpeg
    IMG_2304.jpeg
  • IMG_2307.jpeg
    IMG_2307.jpeg
  • IMG_2308.jpeg
    IMG_2308.jpeg
Well today I painted the BT yellow and epoxied the goggle eye to the unpainted area I had masked. I now wish I would have glued this on first like I did with KING BOB, but it is too late now. I will need to do some touch up paint work all the way around the goggle. Then even though the paint was dry to the touch I stupidly pulled the elastic goggle band into a partial position and it left impression marks into the soft paint. Oh well also too late now. Now it’s dry for a week before the blue can go on. Still waiting on the red lights so I can’t do anything else on the nose cone yet either. That’s it for now! 🥰🚀🚀🚀

Back