Build Thread - Wildman Jr. Two-Stage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Antares JS --

I love your Silver and Gold paint theme !

I suppose the same warning about multiple coats does not apply to the gold paint ?

Sorry if I missed it, what brand is the gold paint ?

-- kjh

p.s. thanks for the Lab Rat Rocketry Pull-Pin tip !
Both the silver and gold are Rustoleum "Bright Coat Metallic Finish." The warning about multiple coats does not seem to apply to the gold. Someone who knows more about paint would have to tell you why that is.

Both the silver and gold are Rustoleum "Bright Coat Metallic Finish." The warning about multiple coats does not seem to apply to the gold. Someone who knows more about paint would have to tell you why that is.
Might have something to do with how the solids float on the solvents and binder when layed down wet, and that the solvents from a second coat may reactivate the lower layer and cause solvent evaporation issues.

May also have to do with what the silver pigment actually is, in that the first layer, once dry, may not provide a good mechanical or chemical surface for subsequent coats.

Or both. Or neither.

In any case, nice build. I hope it all works out perfectly on launch!

Love that paint job! I would love to something similar but now that I run trackers/GPS in almost everything the metallic paints are a no go. I did just recently do a conical transition piece in silver since no electronics there. I love that metallic look.

Love that paint job! I would love to something similar but now that I run trackers/GPS in almost everything the metallic paints are a no go. I did just recently do a conical transition piece in silver since no electronics there. I love that metallic look.
My Level 3 uses the same paint and the Eggfinder works just fine in it.

Latest posts

Back