Kate Voice synthesized flight data logger

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this while looking for a DIY fin alignment jig.

This is past incredible. It is just like the ti8tle says.

https://www.vernk.com/PhotosOfAngelfire.htm

Sorry if this is old news.

Yep, that's Kate. Vern is the prefect of tripoli idaho. We tell him if he were to market it he would make money, but he says it wouldn't sell. :rolleyes:

I've only seen it used on angelfire, but i believe he has used it on wildfire as well.

Simultaneously the coolest and creepiest thing I have ever listened to. Absolutely incredible what that system does - it must have taken an incredible amount of work. I hope he puts up plans sometime.

There are several speech synthesizers that use the "Kate" voice. Some are shareware. Here's one that takes a text file and runs on a pocket PC platform like the one Vern showed on his project. https://sayvoice.com/

-John

Simultaneously the coolest and creepiest thing I have ever listened to. Absolutely incredible what that system does - it must have taken an incredible amount of work. I hope he puts up plans sometime.

:roll:
It's quite interesting in person. Although the last time I saw kate being used was when angelfire was on an M1419. ( I think) The information was useless the fist few seconds because you couldn't hear it over the roar of the motor.

It's pretty nice though. I bet Vern likes that she announces the coordinates out loud. Nice and easy to find. He seems to see it as a program he used that is pretty cool. I see it as a big step in rocketry.

I thought this was the most fascinating thing of the XPRS launch last year. I am new to the Rocketry world, and it really helped me understand what I was seeing. We had to talk to him, and he makes it sound so simple to construct. I would love to have one for my rockets! ^_^

I thought this was the most fascinating thing of the XPRS launch last year. I am new to the Rocketry world, and it really helped me understand what I was seeing. We had to talk to him, and he makes it sound so simple to construct. I would love to have one for my rockets! ^_^

He does make it sound like he slapped it together in a couple hours.

When he first introduced it at one of our meetings we were telling him to have her launch the rocket as soon as there was "No Vern detected" :roll:

He does make it sound like he slapped it together in a couple hours.

When he first introduced it at one of our meetings we were telling him to have her launch the rocket as soon as there was "No Vern detected" :roll:

Thats funny! I felt really bad, because I kinda had the glassy eye look when he was explaining it. I didn't understand some of the steps...... I just smiled and said "I wasn't that geeky" ^_^ But I really enjoyed listening to her broadcast.

Back