SCALE - (X-Prize) Thunderstar Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I made my own waterslide decals, and based on the pics I've seen, I used the wrong source pic, so I've got some reprinting to do. At least I haven't clearcoated it yet.

Welcome to the SCALE (X-Prize) Thunderstar Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the SCALE (X-Prize) Thunderstar from Starchaser Industries and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Thunderstar: #2192

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Thunderstar - Three Man Capsule

The THUNDERSTAR capsule is being developed to carry a 3-person crew on a sub-orbital flight and return them safely back to Earth. The design of the THUNDERSTAR capsule leverages the experienced gained from the STARCHASER NOVA and NOVA II one-man capsules.

The capsule is designed to interface with the STARCHASER 5 Reusable Launch Vehicle and reach an altitude of between 100 and 120km.

The capsule will also feature a Launch Escape System that will pull the capsule and it's crew to safety in the event of an emergency, either on the pad prior to launch or at any stage during the powered ascent phase.

Starchaser 5 - Re-usable Launch Vehicle

The STARCHASER 5 booster is being developed to propel a 1.5 tonne payload to an altitude in excess of 100km. The booster will incorporate the two propellant tanks, (Liquid Oxygen and Kerosene) with a third high pressure tank which will hold the inert gas used to push (feed) the propellant to the engines.

The STARCHASER 5 booster is designed to be 100% reusable and will be recovered by parachute with the addition on an impact attenuation system.

Last edited:
Estes (X-Prize) Thunderstar (#2192) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Thunderstar Also known as: X-Prize Thunderstar, Starchaser Industries Thunderstar

NUMBER: #2192

Introduced: 2004
Final Year: 2008
Designer:

Type: Scale, Cluster
Motor Mount: 2x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 26.5"
Diameter: 1.637"
Span:
Weight: 2.75 oz

Mfg. Description: Designed by Starchaser Industries, the Thunderstar X-Prize entry uses a cluster of two Estes engines to reach 1,000 feet in the air. At apogee, a fully assembled 18" parachute isdeployed allowing for a safe recovery. Laser cut balsa parts. (Estes 2005 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-thunderstar%202192-2005%20cat.jpg
2005 Catalog

estes-thunderstar%202192-2007%20web.jpg
2007 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

estes-thunderstar%202192-face%201.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also:
TRF Build Threads

TRF Applicable Threads

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back