SCALE - General Sounding Rockets Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrian

Reaction score
This is for models of sounding rockets which are either scratch-built or the subject of less common kits, so might not need galleries of their own.

To start the ball rolling, here's my model of the British Skylark. With the short nose unit, it flies on a single B6-4 or C6-5, depicting a single stage version such as the Skylark 5. With the booster and the longer, heavier nose cone to balance it, the model flies on a C6-0 and C6-5, although the version it depicts is actually the three-stage Skylark 12.

skylark12.jpg

164skylark_sky1.jpg

Last edited:
This is my model of the Petrel. It can take an 18mm motor but normally flies on an A3-4T with an adaptor.

020petrel.jpg

032petrel_sky1.jpg

This is the Gosling Test Vehicle. The Gosling was a solid fuel booster used on the Bloodhound, Thunderbird and Seaslug missiles and was fitted with a canted nozzle. In addition, the Gosling II and Gosling IV were fitted with straight nozzles and fin cans, turning them into test rockets which were used for a variety of experiments.

The model is shown at Waltham Abbey Royal Gunpowder Mill, which formerly made various explosives and propellants and is now a museum. (Among its exhibits is a real Gosling Test Vehicle, on which the model is based).

089gosling_small.jpg

257gosling_sky1.jpg

My version of the Black Brant VII
BlackBrantVII.jpg

I made another Sandia Door Knob. This one has a 4 inch airframe and a 38mm motor mount. It stands just a hair over 36 inches and weighs in at 2.6 pounds. Rocksim says 950' on a G80 and 3000' on an I211. I'm not a Level 2 so I didn't bother with any J sims.
4inDoorKnob.jpg

Here are my other Door Knob 1's, BT-50, BT-80, and 4" for comparison:
DoorKnobGroup.jpg

View attachment 4in Doorknob.rkt

Last edited:
I made another Sandia Door Knob. This one has a 4 inch airframe and a 38mm motor mount. It stands just a hair over 36 inches and weighs in at 2.6 pounds. Rocksim says 950' on a G80 and 3000' on an I211. I'm not a Level 2 so I didn't bother with any J sims.
4inDoorKnob.jpg

Here are my other Door Knob 1's, BT-50, BT-80, and 4" for comparison:
DoorKnobGroup.jpg

Well done!!!
:clap:

-Jeff

Here's my scratch built 4" Black Brant VI flying at Red Glare XV.

Black Brant VI.jpg

Back