George's Rocket Auctions, OOP & rare kits

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgegassaway

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Needing to pay bills, I am auctioning 11 kits on eBay. All kits are OOP. Most are rare and/or collector’s items. The auctions end Sunday night, June 19th.

The kits:

Estes Maxi V-2 (the 2001 re-release, kit # 1952). Nearly 4” diameter.

Estes Astron Omega

Estes Sweet Vee R/C Rocket Glider kit

Centuri CENTURION

Estes Jupiter-C (1/35 scale model)

Estes Silver Comet

Estes Cosmos Mariner (X-Prize series, glider)

Estes Soaring Eagle Boost Glider (Flex-Wing)

Estes Argosy

Estes Canadian Arrow (X-Prize series)

Centuri Rocket Rack display stand

Also, for sale in Buy It Now format, some “Model Rocketry” patches designed by John Pursley in 1978. They are being sold at $6 each, or three for $15.

Link to my Auctions page with links to more info and photos:

https://homepage.mac.com/georgegassaway/GRP/ebay/eBay2011.html

AuctionBanner2011-67.jpg

- George Gassaway

Ahh that sucks my friend. I'll tweet out the link and try to help you out.

Sorry the economic situation forces the sale of some classic OOP kits.

I'm guessing the Omega will be a hot item.

I saw your listings, as I was about to list a V2 myself. I'll hold off on mine, but I'm in the same position as you needing some money to cover emergencies.

Good luck with your auctions.

Not trying to take away from George's auction but you may be better off to list following his. That way the people who don't win or aren't willing to go the distance will bid on yours creating a buzz.

I had that happen not too long ago when I listed a V-2. Not 20min later some guy posted a V-2 on Ebay. What are the odds, right? So, I canceled mine and re-listed it. Hopefully you both will do well. I did.

I saw your listings, as I was about to list a V2 myself. I'll hold off on mine, but I'm in the same position as you needing some money to cover emergencies.

Thanks for holding off for a bit. Those big V-2's show up sort of frequently.

And I still it's the best bang for the buck among any of the 4" V-2 kits. Since it weighs so much less, it can fly WELL on engines (E’s) costing half the price the others require, or if uprated for a 29mm mount can fly well over twice as high on an F or G as the other heavy V-2’s.

- George

...don't be suprised at what the Sweet Vee brings. It could be the single highest bid item you sell.

Ahhmmm alookin' at it ;)

...don't be suprised at what the Sweet Vee brings. It could be the single highest bid item you sell.

Ahhmmm alookin' at it ;)

Well, realize that's the kit still in the unopened box, not the built one in the launch pic! :)

Unless the Sweet Vee brought some insane money, I'd be disappointed if the ultra rare kits like Omega and Centurion didn't bring significantly more.

- George

I never bid until the last two minutes so I'm watching all 3 with the Centurion in the lead as of now.

This could prove interesting :)

7 days to go with the Sweet Vee at $56 and the Centurion at $42.

The radio controled gliders bring more than the rockets or so I have noticed. Such limited production due to limited interest I imagine.

Still more than a week to go :)

an I want that V2.

That thing begs for a 38mm motor mount.

Built stock it is supposed to weigh 12 oz! No doubt building it for 38mm would up the weight a bit, but it would really go on 38mm power. I put a SU E30 in my Estes Phoenix and it flew very well, and it is supposed to be about 9 oz.

BTW there is a V2 for sale on the yard sale forum on this site. The one on ebay might go for less, or might not. Like the movie says... "do ya feel lucky, well do ya???".

7 days to go with the Sweet Vee at $56 and the Centurion at $42.

The radio controled gliders bring more than the rockets or so I have noticed. Such limited production due to limited interest I imagine.

Still more than a week to go :)

What you say is sort of generically true since the R/C models had a high value to begin with.

But for rare kits, it's usually different. Last year one of the kits I auctioned was an Estes Andromeda. I was surprised that it went for over $150. The Centurion (and Omega) are rarer than that one.

- George

...and the V-2 is in the bidding lead.

4 desirable rocket kits. I hope to pick up one of your kits, probably not one of the 4 ;)

Are the auctions over? Why don't you post an update on what each kit went for?

I got the Argosy, but I have a bit of a problem, the nose cone is missing. I sent George a message through Ebay and YORF with no answer. I'm getting a bit concerned.

Back