Who have you purchased from?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the one who is disappointed...but wifey is not.
You mean, she's actually kept count?!? :eek:

No one's ordered from Shecter Rockets? Fred, I'll have to send you an order soon...

MarkII

You mean, she's actually kept count?!? :eek:

No one's ordered from Shecter Rockets? Fred, I'll have to send you an order soon...

MarkII

Count is the wrong word. She just knows that there are more than will fit comfortably in the glove compartment of her Toyota. That means there are too many.

Count is the wrong word. She just knows that there are more than will fit comfortably in the glove compartment of her Toyota. That means there are too many.
Gee, you could point out to her that you could fit an awful lot of FlisKits BHR's and Art Applewhite Bic Stick Rockets into that glove compartment! :p

But on second thought, maybe that's not such a good idea... It might be better to just keep that little bit of information to yourself. Stick it in your back pocket; you might need it one of these days. ;) :D

MarkII

Last edited:

You need to calmly and rationally point out to her that some of us fly rockets where the motor won't fit in the glove compartment of her Toyota.

That should serve as a nice subject change away from your collection. :D

-Kevin

You need to calmly and rationally point out to her that some of us fly rockets where the motor won't fit in the glove compartment of her Toyota.

That should serve as a nice subject change away from your collection. :D

-Kevin

Would that such would work.:(

I'm trying to gentle her along.

Would that such would work.:(

I'm trying to gentle her along.

My wife has figured out that she gets along really well with my rocket buddies, and their spouses, so it's not so bad when we hang out. She even likes to watch HPR, although LPR bores her to tears.

It doesn't hurt that we have a 5 year old who absolute loves rockets (I'll take 1 out of 4; better than 0 out of 4!), so I use him as my excuse to buy modrocs. :D

Dan actually has a couple kits on order, that he doesn't know about just yet....

-Kevin

In addition to the usual suspects, I have had fine service with Semroc, Hawks Hobby, Red River, InFlight (a new clone outfit that I believe will be one to watch), Custom, Sirius, QModeling, Aerotech, Loc-Precision, and the long departed PDRocketry.....

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack is a great vendor as well. fast shipping and very affordable prices.

I placed my first order with Semroc Friday and got the package today. Thank You!:)

Uncle Mikes Rocket Shack is a great vendor as well. fast shipping and very affordable prices.

I placed my first order with Semroc Friday and got the package today. Thank You!:)

I've got to say that Uncle Mike has always done well by me also.

I usually order from Hobbylinc but I just have to get one of the Fliskit's A.C.M.E. spitfires soon, so looks like I'll be giving Uncle Mike a try soon.

My son and I just got started building rockets again back in March. I was buying just whatever looked interesting from the local hobby store. Since they carry 90% Estes that was what we were building.

After finding the Rocketry Forum I found that there are all sorts of manufacturers and that they make some of the coolest rockets, so we are branching out. A month or so ago I ordered three entry level type rockets from Fliskits to try out before selecting one to build in Cub Scouts next year. They were here so fast I was amazed. We have been so busy since they showed up that only two of the three have been assembled and none are painted yet.

So, with Father's Day yesterday and my son having pulled some better grades out of the final semester I decided to order some new and exciting rockets to have on hand.

From The Squirel Works (in the mail):
  • Tuber
  • Stinger
  • Cloud Warrior
  • Firebird SST

From Fliskits (ordered tonight):
  • Duece's Wild
  • Tres
  • 2 baffles

From Pemberton Tech (ordered tonight):
  • Screemin Green Meanie
  • Kraken (LPR)

So next week will be like Christmas in June. I have seen lots of other rockets from these vendors and others that I really like. I plan to just order 3-4 rockets a month for a while until we have enough stored to keep us busy through a long winter. We need more rockets so we have a better selection to take with us when we go flying. I figure I will order from 1-2 different vendors each month. That way I get to try some really exciting builds.

Right now I'm Jonesing for a Fliskit Corona combo kit, but decided I needed to wait for a month for that one (but I will have it, I will, I will :bangbang:).

Our goal is to build different types of rockets with each build for a while. The Fliskits will be our first attempts at cluster rockets. The Tuber, Screemin Green Meamie and Kraken will be our first tube fins. The Cloud Warrior our first blended fin multi-stage. We are going to put baffles in the Fliskits as a first, etc.

I'm just glad I'm not addicted to this stuff like the rest of the hard core group around here...:neener:

I'm just glad I'm not addicted to this stuff like the rest of the hard core group around here...:neener:
You have bought eight rocket kits in the past week. That's more than I usually buy in a year. No, you're not addicted... ;) :rolleyes:

MarkII

You have bought eight rocket kits in the past week. That's more than I usually buy in a year. No, you're not addicted... ;) :rolleyes:

MarkII

Now, you just leave the boy alone.

I figure I will order from 1-2 different vendors each month. That way I get to try some really exciting builds.

He sounds like a TRF "Vendor Best Friend" to me... :)

You have some great rockets there from 3 great vendors (well, two *great* vendors and one *simply incredible* vendor, but I'm biased... :D )

Keep us posted!
jim

MarkII

Maybe, but I am buying for 2.5 builders. My 14 year old loves this and will build several of them (the Tres is his for pulling his science grade up to an A). My 8 year old is interested, but just learning. He and I will build some of the easier ones.

jflis said:
He sounds like a TRF "Vendor Best Friend" to me...
After building a few Estes kits and not knowing there was anything else out there, finding TRF and all of the TRF favorite vendors has been a real treat. So many fantastic rockets to chose from, from people who have some amazing ideas.

Well, the Squirrel Works rockets showed up on Wednesday, Fliskits rockets showed up yesterday and hopefully the the Pemberton Tech rockets (shipped via lama) will be here this afternoon.

Big thanks to all the vendors again for supplying such great rockets. I also really appreciate that they are packed in news print and not plastic peanuts. Here in the recycle capital of the world it is really easy to get rid of the paper, the peanuts not so much.

Now I need to finish up the Comanche-3 I am working on, paint a half dozen rockets and then the fun starts.

Well, the Squirrel Works rockets showed up on Wednesday, Fliskits rockets showed up yesterday and hopefully the the Pemberton Tech rockets (shipped via lama) will be here this afternoon.

Big thanks to all the vendors again for supplying such great rockets. I also really appreciate that they are packed in news print and not plastic peanuts. Here in the recycle capital of the world it is really easy to get rid of the paper, the peanuts not so much.

Now I need to finish up the Comanche-3 I am working on, paint a half dozen rockets and then the fun starts.

That is USP Priority Llama...
;)

That USP Priority Llama made it in good time. The rockets where here when I got home this afternoon. That SGM is one cool looking rocket even still in the bag. Can't wait to start on them.

Last edited:
Yes, Priority Llama shipping as opposed to Rabid Llama shipping where we yell at it, get it really angry, then we spit at it and point it in your directions with the address. Arrives there just the same, more or less, but lots more drool and damage to the shipping box.
:duck:

Trudy, Layne's squeeze and art department.

I have purchased from many of them. Flis being the only one I directly purchased from though. The others I pruchased from vendors.....

added this past week: Semroc and InFlight

amazing service from both

My OTHER vote was for InFlight, which are fantastic kits. InFlight's Blue Bird Zero is great. Hopefully an Estes Pathfinder clone is in the works :D

The last two months I've gotten 4 kits, 2 Fliskits and 2 Sunward and have them all at the "spackeling" point.

They are the first of my promise to buy kits from the manufactures that are in the resources list in the coffee house.

Not sure who will be next but someone will be getting an order first of next month :cyclops:

X2 for BRS Hobbies. Its where I buy all my 24mm RMS reloads.

Same for me..Jon Rocket ranks up there as well! ;) Even IF he spells his REAL name with a funny 'h' in it!..LOL

Sorry to reply to an old message, but now, there's not even a John or Jon at JonRocket.com. It's Just Our Name.

We've considered changing the name, but what's in a name? RogerRocket? Nah. Hmm, how does "Uncle Roger's Rocketry Shack" sound? Maybe ... Bracha and Roger Smith's Hobbies (BRS Hobbies)? :)

-- Roger (not Jon)

Speaking from experience here, the service from Apogee, Semroc, and Dr. Zooch are flat out second to NONE. I'm sure several of the other vendors mentioned are also excellent in the customer service department, but I haven't bought from them YET so I only want to speak from personal experience.

Estes, on the other hand... :mad:

Oh well... later! OL JR :)

I have put in a couple orders from BRS Hobbies lately and Brian has been terrific in filling them and getting them out the door in a hurry. One was even packaged up over the Thanksgiving weekend.

This is one of the things that makes this forum so valuable. There is no way I would be ordering from vendors that I didn't know without all of the excellent feedback they get here. Being new to all of this it has been a real eye opener (and wallet opener I might add).

Latest posts

Back