Centuri BullDog Clone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
Well I see a few have been cloned here. Heres mine so far. I didnt use the 70AJ NC cuz I didnt have one.So I used a BNC DW . I exstended it to lenght buy cutting a small lenght of BT 20. Then put the block in that. I think its some close looking and I actualy like look of the tip/point sticking out a little. I see the others went to a 24mm on thier builds. I figure to do The same. I think this should work. I went with 70/50 centering rings. Then I cut a small piece of BT 55 to glue on end CR for the nozzle shroud thingy. I dont know?? Should work.

Bulldog.JPG

Bulldog1.JPG

Bulldog2.JPG

Bulldog3.JPG

Looks great so far Scotty.
Nice job on the nose cone.
Since you haven't glued the NC shroud yet, you can put your nose weight under the shroud. This puts it as far forward as possible so you'll need less weight.

I used to have one of these back around 1986-87... I remember being quite fond of this rocket. The one time I remember flying it was at Fiesta Island in San Diego (where I lived at the time) which is like a big sandbar near Mission Bay.

Anyway, it arced over and, for whatever reason, the ejection charge did not go off. It hit the ground at a fairly shallow angle and proceeded to dig a two foot long trench in the damp sandy ground. The only damage was some scuffed paint on the nose. After that I figured it had earned that "Marines" logo it came with.

Your build looks great so far! I also like the idea of a 24mm for this guy.

Don

Last edited:
Went ahead and did the motor mount. Did it the way I figured. I split a 55/50 paper ring and used it to center the BT55 end piece. Im going friction fit. I like that I put the end ring in for this reason. Makes it strong at that point and keeps the tube ends from getting bent up.

Bulldog10.JPG

Bulldog11.JPG

Bulldog12.JPG

Bulldog13.JPG

Scotty,

Nice build!

I hope I get to see this fly at a CMASS launch.:pop:

Daniel

Great rocket! Can't wait to see some pics after paint. I've been wanting to build on of these for a while.

Back