Snarky day

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Dog

Reaction score
The wife is in a "Black-Out" :rolleyes: (shopping) .She left 11.30 pm Thursday and is still out there somewhere. Just me and the dog today.Cold mixed bag of weather. SO!! I broke out the Snarky. Got the fin-wing pieces glued together..Ill go for the big tube cut later.No pics-Sure you-all have seen a Snarky build before. Not really that must to it now that I got into it. I will post pic of naked Snarky when its together.

Well,I got this far.All "Tacked "together. No fillets or such. Im thinking about taking my time and doing a Rivet job on it.Meaning,paper bands and glue dot rivets. I never did one . The Snarky is a fine kit.I just think its a little thin in the detail ( not decal) part.Then--Im going with an aluminun-silver paint job.The wings and fins will look more beafy-stought,ect.Throw some 1/4" riveted bands around BT in spots.Ya --why not.

Snarky.JPG

Snarky1.JPG

Snarky2.JPG

Snarky3.JPG

Snarky board.JPG

Well,I got this far.All "Tacked "together. No fillets or such. Im thinking about taking my time and doing a Rivet job on it.Meaning,paper bands and glue dot rivets. I never did one . The Snarky is a fine kit.I just think its a little thin in the detail ( not decal) part.Then--Im going with an aluminun-silver paint job.The wings and fins will look more beafy-stought,ect.Throw some 1/4" riveted bands around BT in spots.Ya --why not.

So far it's look'n good. What's your plan for making the rivets and making the rivets look good?

So far it's look'n good. What's your plan for making the rivets and making the rivets look good?
Very good question. I asked about "How to make rivets" here on TRF and -WOW! There is a bunch of ways to do rivets. Im not sure how Ill do them and -(now this is the funny part,) "Make them look good" Guess Ill try my hand at the tooth pick and glue dots for starters on some scrap paper.I see that there is "glue on rivets,decal rivets, punched rivets, rivet making kits,ect. Im in no hurry to mess things up, so Im sure Ill figure something out.

Very good question. I asked about "How to make rivets" here on TRF and -WOW! There is a bunch of ways to do rivets. Im not sure how Ill do them and -(now this is the funny part,) "Make them look good" Guess Ill try my hand at the tooth pick and glue dots for starters on some scrap paper.I see that there is "glue on rivets,decal rivets, punched rivets, rivet making kits,ect. Im in no hurry to mess things up, so Im sure Ill figure something out.

Have you thought of when your going to apply the rivets during the finishing process? You wouldn't want to obliterate your efforts and rivets with to much paint.

Have you thought of when your going to apply the rivets during the finishing process? You wouldn't want to obliterate your efforts and rivets with to much paint.
...about it now.Very good point.:confused2::confused2: Like I said-This will be my first rivet job.Guess I could have picked a simpler and less $$$ kit to do my first rivet job on.:roll:

Any chance you will "share" decals scan with us? Since my printer isn't as good as Sandman's, I promise to pass them along.

I'm really interested in trying to scratch build this one. Can anyone give me info on the intake tube cuts? The Rocksim file shows the inlet tube being 17.5 inches but has no way of showing those angles. It looks like I simply need a someone to measure from longest point to shortest point on each end I can get it. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm really interested in trying to scratch build this one. Can anyone give me info on the intake tube cuts? The Rocksim file shows the inlet tube being 17.5 inches but has no way of showing those angles. It looks like I simply need a someone to measure from longest point to shortest point on each end I can get it. Any help would be appreciated.
I dont have a scanner,I can take a pic with rules on the edges to give you scale???? I would think you could get that info on some of these sites like EMMR????

That would really help. EMRR has photos of complete builds along with Rocksim file for the Snarky, but the Rocksim file shows the intake tube as a straight tube. I'm not certain there is a way to show an angle on a tube like that.

Sorry, no pics. I did get "It looks like I simply need a someone to measure from longest point to shortest point on each end I can get it. " The back cut is ABOUT 6-6-1/4" from end of BT to end of cut.The front one is ABOUT 1" cut back.I say -"about" cuz thats what I ended up with after sanding.Hope this helps:confused2: 18" tube to start subtract 7-1/4 ish= long of the short should be around 10 3/4 to 11.

Snarky2 dimension.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch. I'll try that! I'm also interested to follow your build to completion. Did I steal your thread with "it's all about me?". If so, my apologies. MORE PHOTOS!

Go to www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=15510 and look at post #15. Expand picture to see detail.

To expand picture without losing all the detail, place curser on photo, right click mouse, select open link, click arrowhead in bottom righthand corner of screen (next to 100%), select 125% or 150%.

Last edited:
Thanks a bunch. I'll try that! I'm also interested to follow your build to completion. Did I steal your thread with "it's all about me?". If so, my apologies. MORE PHOTOS!
Actualy,Im glad to help.I been here on TRF for about 8 months. I been posting all about ME and my builds and getting help from others.So,again,its nice for me to be able to help someone else out.

I was going to say that every day is Snarky Day for me, but then I realized that you were talking about the rocket. ;) Nice choice, though; I keep meaning to pick up one of those kits.

So how is the riveting thing working out for ya?

Last edited:
So how is the riveting thing working out for ya?
Havent done a thing on it. I been very busy with family and other matters besides rockets. (Not my choice,but family comes first,Ya true story! Even over rockets)I did drop some glue spots on some paper. That =:roll:

Latest posts

Back