Get your WEDGIES!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcmbanjo

Reaction score
It's available NOW from Odd'l Rockets:

After five prototypes and dozens of test flights-
Odd'l Rockets has just released our latest kit

The WEDGIE!
It's a flying, three sided Tetrahedron! It's finally cool to get a Wedgie.
Four different body skins are downloadable or you can customize it your way.
It flys great on B6-2s and C6-3s, perfect for smaller fields with low drift recovery.
Skill Level 3

Check out all the specs and PDF body skins at:
www.oddlrockets.com
Then stop at www.jonrocket.com to order.

While you are at the Odd'l Rockets site, check out the new XL EH Extended
Length Engine Hooks on the Accessories Page.

The BIRDIE kits are now available in the classic colors - Red and White.
Every picture on the Gallery Page is linked to reviews, plans and original ads.

Wedgie Logo.gif

Wedgie in flight March 2010.JPG

Wedgie on launcher 5.1.10.jpg

One of those went up at the April NEFAR launch. Good little flyer.

One of those went up at the April NEFAR launch. Good little flyer.

Chris has been testing and refining the design for several months. During that period, he flew it at NEFAR and ROCK launches.

He even launched it at NEFAR's January launch when it was freezing!

NEFAR+041.JPG

How's that for dedication? :)

-- Roger

I know someone must have asked this, but why did you call it the wedgie?

Okay, you want the real reason behind the name?

I was flipping through the TV and came across the Cartoon Channel. (No, I'm not a regular viewer of the Cartoon Channel.)
They run cartoon shorts at the top of the hour to fill time - they are called Wedgies. You know, they are "wedged in" between regular programming.

The name "Wedgie" was too good to pass up.
That's really where it started. The basis for the first prototype was drawn up that day.

I like the idea that a product name should fit the design or at least reflect the product. The Wedgie name definately fits the shape.

All the decorative skins came after the raw wood design. I started thinking about what other triangular shapes could be incorporated. The NAR logo didn't even cross my mind until I was setting up the instructions and placed the Safety Code opposite the assembly drawing. I saw the NAR logo and thought it might be close. It was a near perfect fit.

Chris has been testing and refining the design for several months. During that period, he flew it at NEFAR and ROCK launches.

He even launched it at NEFAR's January launch when it was freezing!

-- Roger

Ah, when the low power pads where reliable. :)

Last edited:
By some miracle, I managed to avoid them in junior high. (And I was Grade A Prime wedgie material back then, too.) But you know, it's never too late to get a Wedgie! :D

Bring it on, Chris! :bangbang:

MK

Last edited:
"It's never too late to get a Wedgie!"
"You're never too old for a Wedgie!"
Both work - I like it!

I've been to my High School Reunion. The jocks and bullies had turned into jerks and rollies.

Last edited:
You are invited to a sneak-preview of Wedgie World. Wedgie World offers several attractions for your entertainment.

Your first stop is the Land of Imagination where you unleash your creativity. Upload your own image and transform it into a Wedgie skin.

Then visit NAR-land where you can create a customized National Association of Rocketry themed skin.

Next, head over to our gallery of pre-defined skins for a bite of pizza.

And what theme park would be complete without trying to sell you something? At Wedgie World, you'll find a link to where you can buy your own Wedgie.

-- Roger

Back