Centuri - Scramjet Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blades

Reaction score
You know how it is. You've got a favorite rocket design and you can't build just one. But why build exactly the same? There's other possibilities, upscales, downscales, or goonies, to name a few. Here's some of my variations on a theme.

View attachment 35250

The Centuri Scramjet is an old favorite from my boyhood.

With Blade's permission, I have copied this post over and edited it for this thread.

Thanks, Blades!

JAL
:cheers:

Attachments

• Scramjets.JPG
    Scramjets.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited by a moderator:
A bump to bring this new thread to the top

My "pre-digital" clone. This was the first rocket I was able to call my own as I did everything including the decal. :rolleyes::D Then I hung it in a tree. I think this pic is from 1981, and IIRC, the rocket was 13mm powered to get rid of the external engine hook.

Centuri Scram Jet glamour shot.jpg

This was one of my earlier clones. Flew it to a leafy demise at B6-4 Field. I loved how it steered itself on recovery with those big back fins.

CenturiScramJetglamourshot.jpg

SIdeviewofScramJetatRossford.jpg

Don't worry about it. It happens. Sometimes I don't even realize there are 2 threads for a while.

The killer is, I went through all 28 pages of the gallery. I'd say I'm not sure how I missed it, but attention to detail is only occasionally possible inside my head.:rolleyes::D

The killer is, I went through all 28 pages of the gallery. I'd say I'm not sure how I missed it, but attention to detail is only occasionally possible inside my head.:rolleyes::D

You break my heart! Do you have any idea how much time I spend trying to keep the index up to date?!!!!!!:wink:

You break my heart! Do you have any idea how much time I spend trying to keep the index up to date?!!!!!!:wink:

Uh....there's an index?
Just kidding. I recently discovered this, so I have no excuse for any more screw ups.:D Not that this will stop me.:rolleyes:;)
Actually, I should add that I'm extremely impressed. I noticed that you had some of the new entries indexed within a few minutes of me adding them. Bravo, baby!

Welcome to the Centuri - Scram-Jet (KF-4 or #5174) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri - Scram-Jet (KF-4 or #5174) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: Scram-Jet: KF-4 or #5174

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri Scram-Jet (KF-4 or #5174) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

Scram-Jet

KF-4 or #5174

Introduced: 1973
Final Year: 1981
Designer:

Type: pseudo-scale
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 18.5"
Diameter:
Span:
Weight: 1.4 oz

Mfg. Description: Unique off-center fins highlight this "pseudo-scale" kit. Includes parachute, molded nose cone, 2-color decals, engine lock and pre-cut balsa fins. (Centuri 1973 Catalog)

centuri-scram%20jet-1973%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1973 Catalog
centuri-scram%20jet-1980%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1980 Catalog

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back