Centuri - ESS Raven Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
What's next? Ah yes another Golden Moldie Oldie downscale, the Centuri ESS Raven:

A good friend of mine mentioned The ESS Raven was one of his favorite models from his youth. It's a very nifty design so I decided to build a couple in T3 scale. with all the cardstock parts on the full size model downscaled to light cardstock and paper. Both turned out great after paint and decals tipping the scales a 9.0grams they fly just fine on MMX-II motor. Mine recoverys on a 5" 1/4mil mylar chute just for fun.

Post copied with permission

MM 273a1_ESS Raven top&Bottom_06-24-03.jpg

MM 273b1_ESS Raven_ ready for 1st flight_07-05-03.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's next? Ah yes another Golden Moldie Oldie downscale, the Centuri ESS Raven:

A good friend of mine mentioned The ESS Raven was one of his favorite models from his youth. It's a very nifty design so I decided to build a couple in T3 scale. with all the cardstock parts on the full size model downscaled to light cardstock and paper. Both turned out great after paint and decals tipping the scales a 9.0grams they fly just fine on MMX-II motor. Mine recoverys on a 5" 1/4mil mylar chute just for fun.

Post copied with permission

Micro: can you give me any information on the raven? I can't find it listed anywhere.

====================

I found my problem. I was not including the periods in the "E.S.S." so the database was not finding anything.

Last edited:
Welcome to the Centuri - E.S.S. Raven (#5312) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Centuri - E.S.S. Raven (#5312) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Centuri: E.S.S. Raven: #5312
McCoy's Micro Wonder Works (MMWW): Micros E.S.S. Raven: #273

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Centuri E.S.S. Raven (#5312) Basic Information.

centuri_engineering.gif
Centuri Engineering

E.S.S. Raven

Introduced: 1976
Final Year: 1981
Designer:

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount:
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 30.5"
Diameter: 1.6"
Span: 10.5"
Weight: 5.3 oz

Mfg. Description: The E.S.S. Raven is the proud flagship of the Earth Science Service (E.S.S.). The service was founded in 1981 when leading scientists united in a world federation that cuts across national boundaries and politics. The E.S.S. has pushed the frontiers of science ever outward with the recently announced Faster Than Light Drive, and the rumors of time travel. The Raven is part of the E.S.S. Ozone Research Project which tests the upper stratosphere. Based somewhere in the Sierra Mountains, the Raven can fly to the very limits of the atmosphere. The huge lower scoop gathers air samples to be analyzed by the vast shipboard computer buried within the huge vessel. (Centuri 1st 1976 Catalog)

centuri-ess%20raven-1976%20cat%201%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1976 1st Catalog
centuri-ess%20raven-1976%20cat%202%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1976 2nd Catalog
centuri-ess%20raven-1979%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1979 Catalog

centuri-ess%20raven-1980%20cat%20livery.jpg
Centuri 1980 Catalog

centuri-ess%20raven-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
MMWW E.S.S. Raven (#273) Basic Information.

MMWW.gif
McCoy's Micro Wonder Works (MMWW)

MODEL NAME: Micro ESS Raven Also known as:

NUMBER: #273

Introduced: 2003
Final Year:
Designer: John McCoy

Type: Exotic, Downscale
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

mmww-ess%20raven%20273-plan.jpg
Plan Image

Face Card(s)

mmww-ess%20raven%20273-facecard.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back