Binder Design - Thug Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjphoenix

Reaction score
(I don't really like that name but I'm not good at making up names either. When I had to give it a name I called it the "Stub".) I used LOC parts to build my L1 cert. rocket, and had a little material left over, plus a set of fins that I didn't use from a LOC HiTech, so I just had to buy a nose cone and I could build this rocket. I had to weight the nose a bit since I couldn't resize the fins. It flies very well on an H. I've probably flown it with a G64 but I can't remember for sure.

IMG_2134b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I simply love my Thug! First HPR and my Level 1 Cert rocket on a H123. I now mainly fly it on 38mm G motors and it just rips off the pad.

Summer_Skies-5194.jpg

Welcome to the Binder Design Thug Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Binder Design Thug and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Binder Design: Thug:

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Binder Design Thug Basic Information.

binder_design.gif
Binder Design

Thug

NUMBER

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x29mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 33"
Diameter: 4"
Span:
Weight: 1 lb 6 oz

Mfg. Description: A small rocket with big performance. You can fly it on as little as an E motor or throw an H-180 in it and watch it go. A real crowd pleaser, comes with cut and match sanded 1/8 inch aircraft grade birch plywood.

Includes plastic nose cone, easy to follow instructions, vinyl cut decals. A nice starter rocket to high power. (Binder Design 2011 Web Ad)

binder%20design-thug-2011%20web%20livery.jpg
Binder Design 2011 Web Ad

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back