Apogee - Diamondback (05034) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
My Diamondback was one of my earliest efforts. Its old enough that I have no TRF paper trail on it. At the time, I remember that it was intimidating. Getting those rear fins done was just outside of my skill set. Furthermore, although I loved the design of the rocket, I detest snakes. They give me the heebie-jeebies and I didn't like messing with even the picture of one.

The build went easier than I thought it would. In fact, I ran into no real issues until I got to the decals. Instead of being real waterslides, they were crack and peel things. The problem was that they would neither crack nor peel. I wasted 2 good evening trying to get even a single one up and failed at each step. Then I had a bright idea that apparently lots of others had before me. I scanned the decals and printed them on some newly aquired decal paper. The stuff over the white worked pretty well but the parts over the black are overwhelmed to the point of being almost invisible. I was using clear decal paper.

FWIW, the photo albums are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/collections/72157607416429782/

transfer 019.jpg

DB-f1b.jpg

DB-f1a.jpg

Diamondback-f1a.jpg

Diamondback-f1c.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Apogee Diamondback (05034) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Apogee Diamondback (05034) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Apogee Components: Diamondback: #05034

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Apogee Components Diamondback (05034) Basic Information.

apogee.gif
Apogee Components
Diamondback

Introduced: 2007
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Streamer
Stages: 1
Length: 30.26" (76.86 cm)
Diameter: 1.18" (29.97 mm)
Span:
Weight: 5.02 oz (142.21 gm)

Mfg. Description: The Diamondback rocket is a stunning rocket that will get heads turning like windmills every time you bring it out. Not only does it have colorful graphics, it has a double-trapezoid fin shape with a triangular opening that is totally unique in model rocketry.

The Diamondback is also long and sleek. Combined with its diamond-shaped graphics gives this rocket the appearance of a snake. It slithers into the sky and can bite a cloud faster than you can shake a stick at it.

With an Apogee D10-7 motor in its tail, this rocket can easily climb to over 1100 feet (335m). But because it has a streamer instead of a parachute, it will be back near the launch pad with minimum wind drift. (Apogee 2011 Web Ad)

apogee%20-%20diamondback%20-%202011%20web%20livery.jpg
Apogee 2011 Web Ad

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back