American Alliance - Emulator (NB5) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
The Emulator looks fairly normal, though it would not be mistaken for a simple fins and nosecone job. At first glance, the three tubes surrounding the central motor tube might be taken for decoration, but they are not. They are part of the ducted ejection system. This rocket deploys three small chutes from the rear.

To me, the rocket is reminiscent of something I may have come up with as a kid. That is true of much of the AA line and forms part of its appeal to me.

I enjoy flying this one on a D12-7 at demos. After flying a bunch of others and making sure the kids have the concept of delay, they get to see this one go up and nose over before accelerating towards the ground. Most are sure that something has gone horribly wrong before the chutes pop out at the last instant.

My paint scheme was fairly simple and closely reflects that on the face card. This was the first time I was smart enough to paint the components before trying to put them together.

My TRF thread is here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?t=784

The photo albums are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/23694991@N03/collections/72157612409809750/

NB5-done.jpg

Em-F1a.jpg

Em-F1c.jpg

Em-F1d.jpg

Em-F1h.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the American Alliance Emulator (NB5) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the American Alliance Emulator and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

American Alliance: Emulator: #NB5

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
American Alliance Emulator (NB5) Basic Information.

american_alliance.gif
American Alliance

Emulator

#NB5

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Recovery:Triple Rear Ejection Parachute
Stages: 1
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

american%20alliance%20-%20Emulator%20-%202009%20Web%20livery.jpg
American Alliance 2009 Web Ad

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back