ASP - Stubby Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
This one is another early effort of mine. I liked it because it was short and, well, stubby. It has only one recommended motor, the A10-3. You need to take that seriously and a 2 sec delay would be even better. One more than one occasion, I have had it hit the ground before ejection. Usually, there is no damage but occasionally I have had to do a fin repair.

The original paint was red and white. After the last fin repair, I just painted the repaired fin black since that was easier than trying to figure out what painted I had used originally back in 2007.

transfer 014.jpg

transfer 026a.jpg

stub-1a.jpg

red-1.jpg

red-2.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the Aerospace Specialty Products (ASP) Stubby Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the ASP Stubby and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Aerospace Specialty Products (ASP): Stubby: KSTU-13

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works.

Last edited:
Aerospace Specialty Products (ASP) Stubby (KSTU-13) Basic Information.

asp.gif
Aerospace Specialty Products (ASP)

Stubby

#KSTU-13

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Sport
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 7.25"/18.4 cm
Diameter: 1.637"/41.58 mm
Span:
Weight: 1.5 oz/42.5 gm

Mfg. Description: Cute, fun, easy to build model! Ideal for flying on small fields! Makes a great first or second rocket kit! Designed with the beginner in mind, but it's also a great sport flier for the more experienced modeler.

Features laser-cut balsa fins and balsa nose cone, quick change engine hook and bright parachute recovery. Designed to fly on economical 13 mm "Mini" engines.

Great model to learn basic rocketry modeling. Perfect for school or scout groups - bulk packaging available.

asp-stubby-2007%20web%20livery.jpg
ASP 2007 Web ad

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Back