SCALE - Black Brant IV Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sodmeister

Reaction score
This is an old BlackBrant IV kit I bought some 10 years ago and finally got it built and painted last week.Got the decals on yesterday and clear coated at the shop where I work.

This kit is made by ARG in Canada ,very nice build with lazer cut fins and CR`s. ,very well made Balsa nosecone and transition.Water slide decals behaved well as well as self adhesive stripes.

Paul

Attachments

• phpAm2SlGAM.jpg
    phpAm2SlGAM.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 55
  • phpHh3PBMAM.jpg
    phpHh3PBMAM.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 81
  • phpHMTaY6AM.jpg
    phpHMTaY6AM.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 46
  • phppmBmkiAM.jpg
    phppmBmkiAM.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice! I've always loved the sounding rocket designs.

Nice - I'll have to post some pics of my BB IV when finished. There is a contest in Alberta this spring - for the Scale model event, everyone must do a 1:10 scale of a Black Brant IV. Should be interesting...

Welcome to the Scale Black Brant IV Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Black Brant IV and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Advanced Rocketry Group (ARG): Black Brant IV

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even a Goonie qualifies!

The Black Brant is a Canadian-designed sounding rocket built by Bristol Aerospace in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Over 800 Black Brants of various versions have been launched since they were first produced in 1961, and the type remains one of the most popular sounding rockets ever built. They have been repeatedly used by the Canadian Space Agency and NASA.

Black Brant IV

Two stage rocket consisting of Black Brant VA + Black Brant IIIA or IIIB
Payload: 100 kg
Maximum flight height: 1,000 km
Thrust: 111 kN
Mass at launch: 1,356 kg
Diameter: 0.44 m
Length: 11.06 m

Last edited:
Advanced Rocketry Group (ARG) Black Brant IV Basic Information.

arg.gif
ARG - Advanced Rocketry Group

Black Brant IV

NUMBER

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Scale Sounding Rocket
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 43"
Diameter: 1.72"
Span:
Weight: 4.6oz/130g

Mfg. Description: 1/10th flying scale model of the Canadian sounding rocket, in Bristol Aerospace Limited's 1960's markings. (ARG 2009 Web Ad)

arg-black%20brant%20iv-2009%20web%20livery.jpg
ARG 2009 Web Ad

First post in this thread featuring this rocket
See Also: LINKS

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back