Fliskits - 3's A Charm Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how many of you would be familar with Robert Edmonds "Deltie Airshow" 4 glider model but it's a real hit weather flown day or at night with a few cylume fishing lure glo-stick CA'ed to the underside of the fuselage.

Well we micro flyer's now have an equally impressive, slightly harder to trim, but very fun to fly...(With LOTS of other people watching) Micro 3 Glider Airshow. Well at least in the daytime....
This model is a real pleasure to build. a little tough to trim, but one they are trimmed (To Circle) just a JOY to watch in the air.
I flew mine on an OLD MMX-I .21 Ns motor for it's first flight with 3 other helpers watching for the gliders and core vehicle. Wow! still very high flight, Pop and all three gliders began circling the streamer recovering mother ship.
We found all three gliders within 6 feet of the streamered core.

I recommend flying this model ONLY with 0-3 mph breeze. On the second flight with a 5-8 mph breeze the model boosted straight as an arrow on a MMX-II motor to perhaps 120-140feet, popped the NC and streamer. all the gliders took off and spread with the wind:( Circling but in MUCH larger arcs. Got the core and 2 of the 3 gliders back but we believe the lost one actually Thremalled UP and away out of sight pretty quickly.
I've since replaced the glider with another but haven't had a still enough air day to try another MMX-II flight.
A very colorful display in the air with little wind:)

Post copied with permission

Attachments

• MM 365p01_MM 3's A Charm (Flis 3 glider Micro AirShow)_03-30-10.jpg
    MM 365p01_MM 3's A Charm (Flis 3 glider Micro AirShow)_03-30-10.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 17
  • MM 365Lp01a_3's-A-Charm closeUp ready for 1st flt_03-20-10.JPG
    MM 365Lp01a_3's-A-Charm closeUp ready for 1st flt_03-20-10.JPG
    354.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the finish on yours. Mine is/will remain much plainer, assuming I ever get it finished.

I really like the finish on yours. Mine is/will remain much plainer, assuming I ever get it finished.

it's really nothing special, just a couple rattlecans of bright colors I believe is the most important part. Gliders are all just Magic marker colored.
We'll be looking for you 3's picture post:)

Back