Your biggest rocket Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aksrockets

Now with 8% more aluminum
Reaction score
Post a description/pictures of the biggest rocket you've ever launched.
Biggest could mean biggest motor, widest diameter, tallest, etc whatever you want.
If your largest rocket is the Estes Quark, go ahead and post that, if you are Steve Eves and you happen to be reading this.............. You Win (even though there is no contest.)
But seriously post some picks or a description or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
5.5 inch and about 13 feet tall. I am working on the write up for my level 3 and it will be 10.5 inch x 11.8 feet.

My biggest built rocket is my Ultimate Wildman. It's flown 4 times so far. Once on an N and 3 times on M's.

I'm currently building something even bigger. My 1/6th scale Mercury Redstone project. It will be about 12' tall, 11.4" diameter, and will fly on a central M and four K's. At LDRS, it will fly on all Blue Thunder motors. M2400T and 4 K1100T's. At Red Glare, I'm thinkin' White Lightning or Redline. I already have an M1600R, so that would be one less motor I need to buy, but big White Lightning flights rock my world. Decisions!

5118550811_525625c0ba_b.jpg

5197203676_f382cd29dd_b-1.jpg

a35760d0.jpg

b32353ba.jpg

Post a description/pictures of the biggest rocket you've ever launched. ... But seriously post some picks or a description or something.

Ooooh, I like Rocketman248's 1/6th scale Mercury Redstone. I'd go to LDRS just to watch that!

My tallest and heaviest is the 10" diameter Jayhawk. She is 146" tall with a launch weight of 160 pounds, and flew at Midwest Power 8 on an N3180 (Cesaroni motor) in a 98/15360 case (Rouse Tech hardware). The build takes up most of the thread, with a flight report on page 12. Her second flight is scheduled for LDRS 30.

Second tallest is in construction now, the 7.5" diameter Pegasus. She is 138.5" tall, estimated to launch at about 100 pounds. Her first flight is also scheduled for LDRS 30.

And then there's the stuff floating around in my head...

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_5568.jpg

Attachments

• the astronaut farmer.jpg
    the astronaut farmer.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Ooooh, I like Rocketman248's 1/6th scale Mercury Redstone. I'd go to LDRS just to watch that!

My tallest and heaviest is the 10" diameter Jayhawk. She is 146" tall with a launch weight of 160 pounds, and flew at Midwest Power 8 on an N3180 (Cesaroni motor) in a 98/15360 case (Rouse Tech hardware). The build takes up most of the thread, with a flight report on page 12. Her second flight is scheduled for LDRS 30.

Second tallest is in construction now, the 7.5" diameter Pegasus. She is 138.5" tall, estimated to launch at about 100 pounds. Her first flight is also scheduled for LDRS 30.

Your house has a high ceiling! :y:

The largest rocket I have ever flown was my I-ROC EXT. It is 5.5" in diameter and 76 inches tall. I also flew it on the largest motor I have ever flown, a K550 to the highest altitude I ever flown to of 4,776 feet. The pad weight was 12 pounds. That flight was at LDRS 28. April last year, it suffered major damage and has since been repaired with a longer payload tube and it now 86" long. It will fly again in June at NERRF 7 on a J350.

The first picture is the K550 flight and the second picture is of the liftoff from April last year in Amesbury, MA on a J350.

LDRS28-083297.jpg

IROC-2.jpg

My Tallest
12604927.jpg

7.65 X Upscale
7.5" diameter x 27' tall​

Last edited:
Post a description/pictures of the biggest rocket you've ever launched.
Biggest could mean biggest motor, widest diameter, tallest, etc whatever you want.
If your largest rocket is the Estes Quark, go ahead and post that, if you are Steve Eves and you happen to be reading this.............. You Win (even though there is no contest.)
But seriously post some picks or a description or something.[/QUOTE/] Seriously, wheres yours???????? Heres mine.

HV Launch D-12-3.JPG

Last edited:
Well, my tallest to date was certainly my scratch built Halfway There. 9ft tall, BT-70. Unfortunately, its first flight was also its last.

[YOUTUBE]mMY6w5zxXL4[/YOUTUBE]

halfway_launch6.jpg

halfway_launch13_cls.jpg

halfway_launch14.jpg

carnage2.jpg

carnage4.jpg

6" diameter and 12 feet tall. L-3 project. Weighed in around 42lbs with motor. Great flight except for the 75 foot tall pecan tree canopy landing. Took me eight weeks and $1200.00 to get it down. Counting the borrowed casing I had to replace, the electronics, fiberglass nosecone, Kevlar recovery harness and Rocket Man Chute.

But I got the cert !!!!

Well, I've never gotten into HPR so my largest rocket was a "Model Rocket", weighing in at a mere 2.7 lbs, but still....

13" diameter at the base
24" fin span
18.5 feet tall....

I give you the Dudley Do-Right!

https://fliskits.com/photo_album/2005/naram47/images1/1960.jpg
https://fliskits.com/photo_album/2005/naram47/images1/1962.jpg

Flew it at NARAM 47 5 times on a cluster of 4 D motors. The last flight was CHAD staged 4 D's to 4 D's (had to get someone L1 certified to do that flight for me LOL

I am slowly but surely working on my 5in diameter 6ft tall Whatchmacallit upscale. Should be done this summer.

Matt

Note: the picture attached is not the most up to date picture of the prgress. The fins are all glued together and the AV bay is about 50% completed and has the old nose cone on top

Preview.jpg

Hey Matt,

Myself and another guy are working on a 6" Thinamajig for NERRF. Only difference is we plan to assemble it from upscale arts on the field and fly it on a mid K.

(To be honest the other guy, Brian Goodrich, is doing all the work -> I'm just management here).

Absolutely INSANE, Jim.

Well, I've never gotten into HPR so my largest rocket was a "Model Rocket", weighing in at a mere 2.7 lbs, but still....

13" diameter at the base
24" fin span
18.5 feet tall....

I give you the Dudley Do-Right!

https://fliskits.com/photo_album/2005/naram47/images1/1960.jpg
https://fliskits.com/photo_album/2005/naram47/images1/1962.jpg

Flew it at NARAM 47 5 times on a cluster of 4 D motors. The last flight was CHAD staged 4 D's to 4 D's (had to get someone L1 certified to do that flight for me LOL

So far a 5.50" scratch build on a Cesi J240. I am working on a modified LOC Big Nuke. with a 75mm motor mount;) photos 413.jpg

I'm not expecting these personal records to survive for very much longer.

Biggest motor: AeroTech G69N-P in my 38mm Cinco.

DSCF0443.JPG

Tallest rocket: FSI Eos clone (42.5")

Eos%20at%20NARAM-2.jpg

"Biggest" rocket: FSI Hercules clone

DSCF0986.JPG

6" SWAT, 5.5" Explorer Aquarius, 7.5" by 13' fiberglass Starleopard. I also have a 7.5" bt 10' Standard Arm

3.75X SWAT.jpg

4.15X explorer.jpg

Starleopard_red.jpg

Hey Matt,

Myself and another guy are working on a 6" Thinamajig for NERRF. Only difference is we plan to assemble it from upscale arts on the field and fly it on a mid K.

(To be honest the other guy, Brian Goodrich, is doing all the work -> I'm just management here).

Thats awesome! I am hoping to finish mine for NERRF. Not entirely sure if I am able to make it out there or not, have to see once it gets closer. I would love to see the final product in person

Matt

~1/3 scale Mercury Redstone
~350lbs without motor

Launched at AirFest 13 on a P9200

[YOUTUBE]JpMjieGOgw0[/YOUTUBE]

-Kevin

redstone.jpg

~1/3 scale Mercury Redstone
~350lbs without motor

Launched at AirFest 13 on a P9200

[YOUTUBE]JpMjieGOgw0[/YOUTUBE]

-Kevin
Did that flame just change from blue to red? That was cool

I want to correct my earlier post. I flew my largest rocket this past Saturday in Amesbury, MA. I flew my LOC/Precision Big Nuke on a J350. It is 8 feet tall and 5.5" in diameter. It weighed 12 pounds on the pad and flew to 1,448 feet.

IMG_8566.jpg

IMG_8567.jpg

IMG_8568.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

I brought the Redstone out to our club launch to show it off. I think I've managed to outgrow my Mazda. :D It fit, but there's not much room for anything else.

_MG_0600.jpg

I brought the Redstone out to our club launch to show it off. I think I've managed to outgrow my Mazda. :D It fit, but there's not much room for anything else.

Love your capsule Nick.. looking really nice...

Heres mine..

redstone12.jpg

10" daim. 13 feet tall with the tower (sorry just had to day it LOL)

Back