New Moderator and Items

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Well folks, it's my pleasure to welcome both Pippen (Lisa) and WIK (Phil) to TRF as a new moderators! Both Phil and Lisa have been with TRF for a while now and it's a pleasure to have them with us.

With that being said, you'll also see that there's a new area in TRF called "Beginners". While in the near future, we'll see on overall decrease on the threads here on TRF (Educational Outreach, Software, is probably history), it was thought that an area strictly for "Beginners" would be a great area for those coming into the hobby so they knew where to, well, begin.

Also, I have to apologize but I made three attempts last night and this morning to send a mass e-mail to people concerning TRF. If yo got this message three times, please accept my apologies. If you didn't receive it, the reason for that was simply because of the sheer volume of e-mails being sent. Typically, those who successfully registered the earliest got the e-mail.

Nevertheless the e-mail, which is an "announcement" above, reinforces that TRF does have guidelines that have been established and will be adhered to. It's unfortunate though that such a reminder had to be sent, while the vast majority of our 700+ users are simply enjoying the forum. Our intent with this e-mail is to remind individuals of their responsibilities and help clear the air so the rest can simply enjoy what's here for everyone.

Thanks again for everyone's support and encouragement. Now back to your regularly scheduled program . . .

Congrats WiK - with so many Brits on here its good to see us represented! :)

Oscar Wilde is often misquoted as saying "Britain and America are two nations divided by a common language" - hopefully WiK can smooth things over when one of us rightpondians carelessly use the 'F-word' when referring to a cigarette ;)

Congrats WiK - with so many Brits on here its good to see us represented! :)

Oscar Wilde is often misquoted as saying "Britain and America are two nations divided by a common language" - hopefully WiK can smooth things over when one of us rightpondians carelessly use the 'F-word' when referring to a cigarette ;)

Use of the word "cigarette" could lead to an "R" rating!:D

Well folks, it's my pleasure to welcome both Pippen (Lisa) and WIK (Phil) to TRF as a new moderators! Both Phil and Lisa have been with TRF for a while now and it's a pleasure to have them with us.

With that being said, you'll also see that there's a new area in TRF called "Beginners". While in the near future, we'll see on overall decrease on the threads here on TRF (Educational Outreach, Software, is probably history), it was thought that an area strictly for "Beginners" would be a great area for those coming into the hobby so they knew where to, well, begin.

Also, I have to apologize but I made three attempts last night and this morning to send a mass e-mail to people concerning TRF. If yo got this message three times, please accept my apologies. If you didn't receive it, the reason for that was simply because of the sheer volume of e-mails being sent. Typically, those who successfully registered the earliest got the e-mail.

Nevertheless the e-mail, which is an "announcement" above, reinforces that TRF does have guidelines that have been established and will be adhered to. It's unfortunate though that such a reminder had to be sent, while the vast majority of our 700+ users are simply enjoying the forum. Our intent with this e-mail is to remind individuals of their responsibilities and help clear the air so the rest can simply enjoy what's here for everyone.

Thanks again for everyone's support and encouragement. Now back to your regularly scheduled program . . .

Congrats to the new mods!
Welcome to the grinder.:D

Evil Ed! You're back?!:eek::D

Of what pray tell Ben :)
Cheers
fred

TRF is nice and all but its not a ROCKETRY forum if you can't talk about all kinds of rocketry. Why is it that all the good forums where everyone can benefit from the knowledge and advancement of research, won't allow it? To me thats what TRF is lacking.

Put 2 or 3 moderators on a research forum so if any idiot comes in and does what idiots do, they can just ban and delete. To me it really seems "that easy".

I would volunteer to help with that but there seems to be a thing about kids having ANY power. "your" loss. :)

Ben

P.S. To me TRF has't even tried to accept EX. I could see if they opened a section on it and it got out of hand then it was banned but TRF frowned apon it from the beginning. For some reason I don't know why there can't be talk about it.

Ben

Stayed tuned for more on "ex" in the near future. It's being considered . . . don't know what way it'll go, but it's definitely on the front burner.

Stayed tuned for more on "ex" in the near future. It's being considered . . . don't know what way it'll go, but it's definitely on the front burner.

AK, going to send you an E-mail about some EX info, I think it will help you out with the decision and make things easier :)

Ben

Welcome to our new moderators. Especially good to have WiK on board as a British moderator - have fun and hope the job isn't too hard.

Haha, thanks guys. Hopefully it won't be too bad, they've stuck me on some nice quiet sections of forum ;)

Cheers,
Phil

I was trying to capture just what this news means to me. My first reaction was "Great. This place is such a cesspool, we needed more moderators." And then I thought "Say, is this what's known as The Surge?" But what I really want to say is:-

I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.

With that being said, you'll also see that there's a new area in TRF called "Beginners".

Troy, it's killing me - could you please fix the grammatical error in the byline?

Back