OFFICIAL LDRS 42- urrg.us

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Attached is the fill-able PDF version of the flight card. There are two cards per sheet, so you can fill out two at time. Also, the back (pg2) is for the RSO to fill out, so only the front side is fill-able. Just make sure that when you fill it out, you print it out. There's a "submit" button that seems to come up in the upper right corner of the document. Just ignore it, it won't do anything, it won't go to us. So don't hit Submit, just print it out. But make sure you print it double-sided.

Attachments

• LDRS Flight Card fillable.pdf
    240.8 KB · Views: 0
You're OK.
I've attended URRF, and I drive a Toyota Yaris, which has terrible ground clearance, and I had no trouble whatsoever.
Just do not speed, I believe the posted limit was 10mph or less.
Out of respect for the land owners, and at their request, as this is a working Farm operation, we post a 5 mph speed limit, lots of moving parts, we ask you keep it at 5mph, while on the host property..
Thanks Everyone...

One tip I will give:

Make personalized labels for your flight cards!

Make a set of mailing labels (mail merge labels in Word) with your name, NAR/TRA #, home town, club, and cert level.

This makes filling out your flight cards quick & easy! As you then only need to fill out the rocket & motor info.. the [repetitive] stuff is on a label!
This is a great idea. I have all this stuff handy and never thought of it!

This is a great idea. I have all this stuff handy and never thought of it!
when you have a long last name, it becomes a necessity! (11 letters in mine)
when your home town, province (and country) need to be listed..

And seriously, how many of us remember our NAR/TRA number off by heart?!? :D

when you have a long last name, it becomes a necessity! (11 letters in mine)
when your home town, province (and country) need to be listed..

And seriously, how many of us remember our NAR/TRA number off by heart?!? :D
I do. Programmed machine language on a C64 long ago and taught simple interfacing, TRA number is 2^12. :)
NAR is 6-something-something-something-something.:)

(Even built a 12-bit data acquisition system for the C64, over 2khz sample rate and it would display the run on the screen. Very primitive but it worked.)

The "Main Chute @" can not be edited! Please amend the PDF for the card so that the altitude can be entered.

Would it be too much to ask that somebody at URRG, who can edit the LDRS BFR page, would edit it an spell my name correctly? It's usually my surname, understandably, that gets misspelled but my given name isn't that hard to spell. BRIAN ;)

Would it be too much to ask that somebody at URRG, who can edit the LDRS BFR page, would edit it an spell my name correctly? It's usually my surname, understandably, that gets misspelled but my given name isn't that hard to spell. BRIAN ;)
As a grade schooler, my first classmate with that name spelled it Bryon. . . 😁

He hated his birthday: Dec. 25th! Go figure.

OK, some fresh information. For those thinking about flying high and getting their rocket back, we put together a handout with recovery information. This will be included in the event program as an insert supplement. This and the program will be in the packets that you'll receive at Registration when you arrive. I will post the rest of the program later this month.

By putting it here, hopefully folks will get familiar with it in advance. The Torrey Farm where the event will take place is large, but sometimes things still leave the property. But also, a lot of rockets may wind up landing in the area around the Away Cells, so people need to understand that those might be active when maybe the Left Bank isn't, and they can't just walk out there if that's the case. So this is intended to make everyone aware of what needs to happen to recover your rockets. If you have any questions, I'm sure Larry will answer... ;)

Attachments

• Recovery Addendum 12MAY24.pdf
    458.9 KB · Views: 0
OK, some fresh information. For those thinking about flying high and getting their rocket back, we put together a handout with recovery information. This will be included in the event program as an insert supplement. This and the program will be in the packets that you'll receive at Registration when you arrive. I will post the rest of the program later this month.

By putting it here, hopefully folks will get familiar with it in advance. The Torrey Farm where the event will take place is large, but sometimes things still leave the property. But also, a lot of rockets may wind up landing in the area around the Away Cells, so people need to understand that those might be active when maybe the Left Bank isn't, and they can't just walk out there if that's the case. So this is intended to make everyone aware of what needs to happen to recover your rockets. If you have any questions, I'm sure Larry will answer... ;)
I'm trying to familiarize myself with the site: overall recovery distances related to the locations of the various launch pads. See attached (I took your diagram and laid some scaled distance circles on it). Am I correct in understanding that launch pads A, B, and C are located in the green rectangle with the away pads D, E, F, and G in the pink?

Attachments

• Launch Site.pdf
    189.4 KB · Views: 1
Everything through the 500' pads (C-row) is in the green box as you noted. The orange box is the other side of the flight line where parking is. The 4 away cell groupings (1000', 1500', 2000', 2500') are within the pink box. Obviously, this spreads out over a bit of distance (~1/2 mile from the flight line). If you reference the flight card previously posted, you can get an idea of what altitudes are possible at which locations.

Everything through the 500' pads (C-row) is in the green box as you noted. The orange box is the other side of the flight line where parking is. The 4 away cell groupings (1000', 1500', 2000', 2500') are within the pink box. Obviously, this spreads out over a bit of distance (~1/2 mile from the flight line). If you reference the flight card previously posted, you can get an idea of what altitudes are possible at which locations.
Thank you.

Back