New Featherweight GPS phone app available for Android and iOS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@DaHabes --

I had to download your files to see what you mean but now I see it.

It is something I also noticed about the Blue Raven low rate and high rate files.

This is your Summary file: MJH-TR2_summary_02-03-2024_14_34_05_.csv # flight time
And this is your Data file: MJH-TR2_05-20-2024_09_38_22.csv # download time

The Blue Raven App does much the same thing:

This is my Summary file: BlRv_SN0829_summary_05-11-2024_14_09_46_.csv # flight time
This is my high rate file: high_rate_05-11-2024_20_00_58.csv # download time
This is my low rate file: low_rate_05-11-2024_20_00_57.csv # download time

I may have changed the prefix on the summary file but the time stamp in the file name matched the flight time when I shared the file with my PeeCee.

I emailed the files from the phone to my PeeCee at 20:00 CDT and the low_rate and high_rate files used the download time stamps in the file names.

Maybe the same chunk of code could be enhanced in both apps ( GPS and Blue Raven ) to use the flight time instead of the wall clock time for all the files ?

Thanks for the reminder !

-- kjh

@DaHabes --

I had to download your files to see what you mean but now I see it.

It is something I also noticed about the Blue Raven low rate and high rate files.

This is your Summary file: MJH-TR2_summary_02-03-2024_14_34_05_.csv # flight time
And this is your Data file: MJH-TR2_05-20-2024_09_38_22.csv # download time

The Blue Raven App does much the same thing:

This is my Summary file: BlRv_SN0829_summary_05-11-2024_14_09_46_.csv # flight time
This is my high rate file: high_rate_05-11-2024_20_00_58.csv # download time
This is my low rate file: low_rate_05-11-2024_20_00_57.csv # download time

I may have changed the prefix on the summary file but the time stamp in the file name matched the flight time when I shared the file with my PeeCee.

I emailed the files from the phone to my PeeCee at 20:00 CDT and the low_rate and high_rate files used the download time stamps in the file names.

Maybe the same chunk of code could be enhanced in both apps ( GPS and Blue Raven ) to use the flight time instead of the wall clock time for all the files ?

Thanks for the reminder !

-- kjh
I think the reason was to make sure that each downloaded file has a unique file name. Otherwise we need to pop up a dialog box to ask about over-writing the file if it's re-downloaded.

I agree though that outside of troubleshooting the app download process, the launch time would be more useful than the download time for the automated file name. I'll put that on the to-do list.

Build 1.10 (328) is out now and available to download through the App Store for iOS. I'm working on doing some Android-specific testing now but build 328 should be out for Android soon.

The biggest improvement in this build is the way it handles the situation of multiple trackers and multiple ground stations. If you are flying a multi-stage flight, or just have multiple trackers for different rockets, I highly recommend it.

Using the new build, you have 2 ground stations to go with 2 trackers for a 2-stage flight, each GS will listen to its own tracker and log all the data to its own GS log even when switching the view back and forth between the two trackers. Or if you turn one GS off or only have one, it will automatically use one GS for both, by switching to the channel of whichever tracker you have selected to look at.

The file name convention has been changed to include the launch date and time rather than the download date and time. A side effect of this that is something we're still working on is the effect when you have 2 Blue Ravens launch together. You'll need to download and export them individually until the next release where we will also incorporate the Blue Raven's name to give them unique file names in that case.

Back