Finding booster

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Schwantz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2 stager, new, that I have very limited space for any kind of recovery of the booster. Trying to put in a streamer, 20", but other than dog barf or blanket, how can I protect it from BP charge?

I have a 2 stager, new, that I have very limited space for any kind of recovery of the booster. Trying to put in a streamer, 20", but other than dog barf or blanket, how can I protect it from BP charge?
You could try placing the streamer in the cup of an inverted piston. That would add very little overall length. This is my plan for both stages of a small two-stage I'm planning after I test out the electronics in a larger rocket.

You don't say how big the rocket is, or what level power. I might look at something like a paper chute protector, call it a chute "pouch", made out of typing paper. There are also several relatively thin fabrics that could be used for a limited number of launches.

54mm rocket with 38mmt. I have soaked my streamer in flame retardant, will use a thin metal plate. If I leave delay at 14 seconds it should be near the ground by then and hopefully streamer out.

Back