3D Printing Arrgh! Had it dialed in, then stopped extruding!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Kemker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
After replacing the original MB in my Ender 3 with the 32-bit board and BL-Touch ABL, the display with the new Creality display, the hotend and extruder with a new direct extruder setup also from Creality, it turned on for about 2 minutes, then died. I thought it was a faulty PSU from sitting for over a year collecting dust.

Yesterday I figured out my Ender 3 wasn't powering up because of a faulty Y splitter from the PSU to the MB that was formerly used to power a buck converter powering my RPi3 Octoprint. Loaded up with Inland PETG (white), fiddled a bit with the BL-Touch and Z-Offset settings to get the auto-level set just right. Printed a Benchy that came out pretty good, except some of the supports didn't want to come off the print. /sigh

Started printing the nosecone for a Nike Smoke and about 20% through, the filament stopped feeding. (Filament dryer box snagged and wouldn't feed to the extruder.) Tried for about an hour to get the filament rethreaded into the extruder then said to myself, frack it, I'll try again in the morning. This morning, got it rethreaded and now it seems the Z-Offset is off and don't get any material deposited on the build surface.

I'm not thrilled.

Back