What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had strong storms overnight so I woke up to the front yard covered by leaves and small branches, and a big piece of our backyard tree fell in the middle of the backyard. Setting upside down on the yard it is about 8' tall and 12' diameter. So I spent time raking and bagging debris in the front yard then using a chainsaw to disassembled the big piece in the back yard. After awhile I decided that was enough for me and I would save some of it for tomorrow.

Some people don't like the start/stop and search the internet for ways to disable it. My Jeep has it but that feature has not worked for the entire time I've owned it. I could have gone back to the dealer to have it fixed but preferred not having to deal with it. The Jeep BTW has 2 batteries so you don't run down your only battery sitting at a long traffic light and can't restart the engine.
If you don't drive the car that much you should consider a "battery tender" type of charger.
Checking electrolyte every month sounds excessive but maybe every 6 or 12 months.
Fortunately the battery electrolyte top-up and recharge has resolved the issue, plus the car does have an iStop on/off switch too so I've advised the missus to switch this off.

Connected a Furman line conditioner/surge protector to my stereo system. Also found my VPI Super Scoutmaster’s motor drive belts snapped from age. New belts are in route.

Finished inventorying every item in our house for the Maritime Shipping Insurance...what a process. Terrifying part is when we went through the garage where all of my sporting goods are. Good news is I'm uninjured and still married. Helps that I didn't say anything when we totaled up her Lego collection and shelves of books...WOW!

Finished inventorying every item in our house for the Maritime Shipping Insurance...what a process. Terrifying part is when we went through the garage where all of my sporting goods are. Good news is I'm uninjured and still married. Helps that I didn't say anything when we totaled up her Lego collection and shelves of books...WOW!
You can’t be both still married and uninjured…🪖

Tested a prototype 10GHz transverter, TCXO, Chaparral feed, etc. working too well, completely overloaded on RX! Doesn't need a preamp.

Tested a 220MHz amplifier. Works perfectly, despite its age. Old enough to have grandkid amps.

Found a bunch of wires, relays, Arduinos, etc. time to do some soldering. Now where did I put the code for that one Arduino...

Had a nap. Beauty rest. Didn't help.

Despite feeling like crap I had to go to Walmart for cat food. Got 230 3oz cans and 76lbs of cat litter. Then to Smith's for 32lbs of dry food. And then to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription for an anti nausea drug for me.

Checked in and ready for 203 miles of Kansas gravel abuse tomorrow. Start at 6:30 am and hoping to beat the sun. I'll settle for finish in one piece though.
20240531_165413.jpg

Back