A Scratch Build: IHSF Strike Fighter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be interesting to see how this shapes up. This seems to be true of many of your projects. such as the Edsel Ford and your flavor of Mars Lander.

It's not my kind of thing, but I can't help seeing a little lander or shuttle thing with a v-tail piggy backed on top of the fighter toward the back. Twin cockpits. Alternatively, skip the v-tail and use it as a Le Mans or Can Am racing car.

Nice find! While I never played the Destiny games, I really like this one and the other "Glass" ships. The 3D render in white was really gorgeous, and I was thinking of building it a while back for the 2nd summer build off. The only change I would make is to beef up the tiny winglets attaching to the side pods.

Go Team Thag (Simmons)!

Did a bit of massaging of this design. Went from BT-50 to BT-60, and from 24mm to 29mm power.
2024-05-25 Strike Fighter 4 View.jpg2024-05-25 Strike Fighter Open Rocket Simulation Top View.jpg2024-05-26 Strike Fighter 3D Unfinished.jpg

Last edited:
Does Open Rocket allow you to simulate closed cylinders?

My understanding is that at an unspecified Length to Diameter ratio (which would likely be accentuated by you non circular cross section) tube fins functionally have no flow and function as solid objects.
Ole Babar... he's on top of it. Good observation.​
The OR Sim with round tube fins, I used the "OR Tube Fins."​
The OR Sim with rectangular box tubes, I used "OR Fins" using (4) Pods per box tube to create the boxed sections. It's quite an ordeal to create, but seems to work.​

Back